Saturday, October 13, 2012

We LOVE The East Kerr 4-H Club And The Medina Children's Home!

Today has been more than fantastic, because this morning, at 11:00, our favorite 4-H club, the East Kerr 4-H Club, came out to walk our dogs for us and we loved it and our dogs loved it even more! And our rescue ranch cannot thank them enough for their community service and their generous monetary donation and the two green colored, East Kerr 4-H t-shirts.

After Tony and I had met everyone and Haley had told me all about Mary Ann, the precious dog that we let her name for us, on October 9, 2011, when the East Kerr 4-H Club was out here walking our dogs, that her parents gave Haley permission to adopt from us, Tony and I gave them a tour of our rescue ranch, which included telling them each dog's story. Then we were ready to walk our dogs.

I volunteered to lead the long distance dog walk, while Tony stayed behind, busily leashing up dogs and pairing them with the club's members. Basically, in single file, we walked all of the way over to the neighboring ranch gate, then back down the steep hill to the bridge, took a right and walked along Wallace Creek, then walked up a gravel road that led us back to the rescue ranch. And by the time we had put our dogs back inside their pens, they were tired and thirsty and I was feeling puny, because I am so old and my allergy to Ragweed, was wreaking havoc on my sinuses and it was clearly winning the "Battle of My Nose."

Even though a few 4-H members needed to take off, after we got back from walking some very happy dogs, the remaining club members volunteered to walk some more, but I had to decline their kind offer, because I was beginning to run a low grade fever and my head was completely stopped up and all I wanted to do was lay down on our bed, with all of our dogs and just rest, which is exactly what I did.

And I believe the love of Roy, Mama, Abbie, Belle, Beau and Toto helped cure me, because when I climbed out of bed, one hour later, I was no longer running a fever, but my nose was.

Around 3:00, Karen, from the Medina Children's Home came out, with her son Dalton and Mitch, to introduce them to us and to show them the rescue ranch and tell us, "We're ready to start the program that we have discussed and the girls will start coming out, on Mondays and Wednesdays to walk y'all's dogs, as we have agreed to and we can start it this coming Monday. And Mitch, Dalton and some other young men are excited about coming out here on Sundays, to walk dogs or do anything else that you need for them to do...." Which of course, made our day even greater than it already was.

Early this evening, I went over to the Lodge to tell Kinky about our great day and he was more than thrilled about these two great organizations helping us.

So tonight, before I go blow my red colored, chapped and flaking nose, for the umpteenth time, into a Bounty paper towel, because I've used up all of the Kleenex, I just want to thank the fabulous East Kerr 4-H Club members and the youth, at the Medina Children's Home, for being true winners and for caring and taking their valuable time to volunteer, at our rescue ranch, to help us make our dogs happy. "Tony, could you bring me another roll of Bounty paper towels, because I'm nearly out, on this roll?"

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: