Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Editor At Bandera County Courier Totally Rocks!

Today has been great. This afternoon, after we had picked up my guitar from the Melody Corner Music Center, I began reading the Bandera County Courier, Thursday, October 4, 2012 newspaper, as Tony drove us home. And I was more than thrilled when I read Judith Pannebaker's hilarious article, "How Jed Clampett Became Jethro Tull." It was a funny story about one of our latest rescued dogs and because of Judith's weekly columns featuring one of our dogs, I know that it will help Jethro get adopted sooner than later. And now I want to thank Judith, the editor at the Bandera County Courier, for all of her help, because she has helped us get many of our dogs into great forever homes.


When we got back home, while Tony was reading her funny article, I called Kinky to ask him if I could come over, because I wanted him to read Judith Pannebaker's story.

As we sat in rocking chairs, on Kinky's front porch, he kept chuckling as he read Jethro's tale and like Tony and me, he thought it was a great read too, and that it was very nice of Judith, to take the time to write weekly stories about our Pet Of The Week, in the Bandera County Courier.

After Kinky had enjoyed reading Judith's story, we went to his office, so he could get me a copy of his book, 'Scuse Me While I Whip This Out, to replace my signed copy, that he had given to Douglas Brinkley, while they were over here visiting us. When Kinky handed me a new book, I thanked him and then I asked him to please sign it for me.


And I laughed out loud, when I read what he had written in my book, "For Nancy—from one misunderstood genius to another. Kinky Friedman 10-4-12."


An hour later, when I came back home, Tony had already left for Medina, to go watch our nephew Zachary and his football team play in a junior high football game. After I had read Tony's note, reminding me to please put up the chickens before dark, I walked into our bedroom and then I immediately walked back out, to go grab my camera. Here is the picture that I took of Belle and Roy sleeping soundly and I've titled it—"Sleeping On The Job" or "Sweet Dreams." (Roy is sleeping, at the foot of the bed and he was snoring very loudly and they slept for thirty more minutes, before coming into the kitchen to greet me.) 


And that's about it for tonight, because I've got to go put our chickens, I mean The Golden Girls, into their Egg Palace.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: