Monday, October 22, 2012

Pecos Bill!

Today has been great, even though my eyes are still pink and watering, as is my nose. I've nearly gone through a big box of pink Kleenex and have used up a half a jar of Mentholatum.


This morning, even though I am feeling much better, Tony told me to stay inside and finish writing my novella, mystery cliffhanger and that he would take care of feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens. I took him up on his offer, because I am so into finishing the novella, because I can not wait to publish it.

Near the end of the novella, before the cliffhanger part, Carol is playing her fiddle and I am playing my guitar and we are singing, Louie Louie, Bluegrass style, when in reality our dogs started barking inside The Cabin, so I walked away from my laptop and went outside to the porch to see what was going on. The only thing that I could see, far away was a parked truck and I knew it wasn't ours, because Trigger was parked outside next to Buttermilk. So, I went back into the kitchen and continued writing.

About thirty minutes later, Tone walks into The Cabin and says, "We just rescued a young pup and he looks a lot like my Beau Bridges. This man and wife drove out here from Harper and told me that the man works in Pecos, on a pipeline and on his way back home, he saw this dog running down the middle of the highway, so he picked him up and took him home with him. They kept him for over a week and tried to find a home for him and because they had too many dogs already, they decided to drive out here to see if we could take him. You've got to come see him."

"Okay," I said, as I grabbed my camera. "I want to name him Pecos Bill," I said, as we walked out the door.

Tony laughed and said, "They had already named him Pecos, but I like Pecos Bill better." Pecos Bill is probably a little younger than Beau, who will be one-year-old in January and he is one fine dog. He is sweet, gentle and full of energy, so when I tried to take his picture it was difficult, because he was so happy. Anyway, here is a not so good picture of Pecos Bill and when we pick him up from Hoegemeyers, I will spend all of the time that it takes to get a photo of him and then I will post it here.


And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: