Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Red Eyes Crying In The Rain Song!

by Cousin Nancy


In the twilight glow I can't see him
Red eyes crying in the rain
When I got conjunctivitis and red eyes
I thought I'd never see again

My eyes look like burning embers
And only tea bags seem to ease the pain
And through all the rolls of paper towels that I've blown into
Red eyes still crying in the rain

Someday when my eyes are whiter
I know I will finally see clearly once again
And the next time that I have allergies
I hope my blue eyes won't turn red again

4 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

What a wonderful poem (Kinky is right: you are a genius!) but a sad birthday. Get well soon, Nancy!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin and Air Gun! I can't wait to show all of the volunteers y'all's cool birthday card.

P.S. It is a poem and a song, to the tune of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

Eileen said...

Well, Miss Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, lose that red so you can sing Baby Blue by the Beach Boys or Sweet Little Blue Eyes by Vince Gill or The Bluest Eyes in Texas by Restless Heart ... and know that Behind Blue Eyes by The Who, there's a gal named Nancy who now has purple eyes because blue and red make purple!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Eileen, thank you for making me laugh. I just changed the lyrics again, so please check it out, because it is even better.