Monday, October 1, 2012

He/She!

Today has been great, but the weirdest thing happened to us today, in Bandera. We went to Big B, to do some banking and to eat a late lunch.

Our lunch cost eighteen dollars and some change, not counting the tip that we left on the table. After Tony had paid our wait person, at the cash register, for our lunch, we left the establishment. As we walked to Trigger, Tony says, "That was weird."

"What was weird?"

"When I handed our wait person a twenty dollar bill, instead of ringing it up on the cash register, he/she pulled a one dollar bill out of their pocket and gave me a dollar back and told me they were out of ones and he/she didn't give me back any of the change."

"That is pretty weird. Who knows? Maybe he/she has bought the place," I said, as we climbed into Trigger.

"I doubt it. I wonder if we should call and ask to speak to the owner, to tell them what just happened?..."

Early this evening I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky. While we were sitting outside, on his front porch, with The Friedmans running around in the yard, he asked me if I wanted to help him feng shui his clothes closet.

One minute later, I was in Kinky's bedroom, holding an opened up plastic trash bag, as Kinky began filling it up with his clothes that he no longer wanted. Within fifteen minutes, Kinky had filled up three large trash bags, that we carried out of the Lodge and put into the back of Trigger, because I had volunteered to drop them off for him, at the Salvation Army. Then I came back home.

And that is about it for tonight, because I can't wait to do some more writing on my mystery novel, which I am fixin' to do right now.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Sorry, maybe crazy fans would like to buy Kinky´s old clothes. You should ask before throwing away.....

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin! Sorry, it's too late. We dropped them off at the Salvation Army earlier today. Thanks for commenting.