Saturday, February 11, 2012

Terry & Randy!

Today has been a great day. This morning while we were outside doing our chores, Paul arrived with Underdog and he is one cute Shih Tzu.

Late yesterday afternoon Mr. W. called me from the wound therapy center, in San Antonio, where he is at, "Nancy, can you or Paul come and pick up Underdog for me and board him for a few more weeks, when I finally get released?"

"Yes, we can, but I have to get a hold of Paul to see if he can pick him up and bring Underdog out here. Did Underdog do something wrong?"

"No, a couple of patients here have been complaining about him being here and...." Right after I hung up the phone with Mr. W., Paul arrived to deliver some dog food, so I went outside to tell Tony and Paul about the conversation I just had with Mr. W. While the three of us unloaded Paul's truck he and I made a plan for him to pick up Underdog in the morning and bring him out here.

Early this afternoon, Leisa and Rick, "The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper" called to let me know that they were back from Nicaragua and I am so glad they did. They had a wonderful time down there and they thoroughly enjoyed their trip, but they were glad to be back home, in Port Aransas, but not as glad as I was.

This afternoon Tony and I met the nicest couple from Midland, that have bought a ranch near us, which they plan to move to when they retire. We had a blast visiting with Terry and Randy and when we found out that we had so many things in common with them like; they rescue animals, love all animals, have five dogs like we do, love Wolfmuellers Books and Sandy and Jon, they have horses and donkeys, are photographers, etc., so we invited them to come up to The Cabin, so we could show it off and they loved it, but they loved my newly rescued dog, Roy Rogers more and who could blame them—he always steals everyone's heart.

Before Terry and Randy left, Tony showed them his Photography Hallway Gallery, which really impressed them, while I signed a copy of my second book, Meanwhile Back At The Rescue Ranch: The Dog Days of Cousin Nancy to give to them. And they promised us that the next time they are out here, they will call us, so we can get together and they are very anxious to meet Carol, because of their love of horses.

Early this evening I played my guitar for about forty-five minutes and not to brag, I played pretty good. Tonight, I plan to do some more writing on the fiction book that I am writing.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what great great news. not only thru your blogging, but the fiction book. excellent:)!