Saturday, February 25, 2012

French Toast! or First Toast!

Today has been another great day. This morning before Tony and Ben went to do the chores outside, I fixed them and Will my famous easy to make French Toast, topped off with 100% Vermont Maple Syrup and they loved it, which made me feel good. In fact, Will loved my French Toast so much, he ended up having me cook him a total of six pieces and he cleaned his plate. Then Roy Rogers cleaned his plate, before I cleaned his plate.

During our fun breakfast we did a lot of teasing and laughing. We teased Will about eating all of our food. Then they teased me about my accent and what I did yesterday, before Ben made the five Redneck Wine Glasses. "Will, yesterday Nancy was trying to thinking up ways to fill the vases before I glued them to the Ball jars," Ben said. "She ended up finding this long, fake gold chain and dropped it into a vase, but she didn't like it, so when she tried to remove it from the vase, it got stuck and would not come out." Then Ben started laughing.

"It looked dumb inside the vase," I added.

"Anyway, she was shaking the vase and trying to get the chain out and when she finally got a hold of a piece of it, she jerked it out and says, "Aha! I'm a musician!" The men burst out laughing at me.

"Ben, I meant to say, "magician" as soon as I said, "musician," I said to three pairs of deaf ears. "The five vases will be ready for us to use at 5:30 this evening and I can't wait," I said, trying to change the subject. "Will, don't you just love Roy Rogers? He has stolen my heart."

"Yeah, he's a pretty cool dog." Will said, without enthusiasm, as he petted Roy on the top of his head. "Is he drooling on my leg?" Ben, T. and I started laughing. "Stop it, Roy. Go on boy. Get in your chair." Roy did nothing, but continued to drool on his pant leg, so we started laughing.

"He's real well-trained, Will. He came that way," I bragged, "but he only minds Tone and me. Roy, come on boy, let's go outside." Belle and Roy immediately went to the front door for me to let them go outside.

Before Ben and Tony went outside to do their morning chores and Will went back over to the Lodge to baby sit The Friedmans I said, "Lunch will be ready about noon, y'all. We're having pot roast, mashed potatoes and my new okra recipe that Carol gave to me and since Aaron is coming out to mow, I'm also fixin' meatloaf, so we will have plenty to eat."

After the men left The Cabin I grabbed the feng shui book, that Alfredo had sent to me and I began reading about personal Kau numbers, a compass formula which categorizes people into East and West groups for powerful feng shui applications on page 138 and after doing the calculation I discovered that I my Kau number is 2, which is a very good number to have.

For women, you take the last two digits of the year that you were born and add them together. I was born in 1951, so I added 5 + 1 = 6. Then I added 5 to the 6 = 11, then I added 1+1 together to get 2, my Kau number and then I used the men's calculation, which is different from women and found out that Tony's Kau number is 1.

For my good luck directions I am suppose to face Northeast for wealth, West for health, Northwest for love and Southwest for growth. So, during our fun lunch today, I told the guys about finding my Kau Number and then I told them how to find theirs. "Take the last two numbers of your birth year and add them together, then reduce it to a single number. Then subtract that number from 10 and that is your Kau number," I said. "My number is 2, Tony's number is 1 and Kinky's number is 2, like me. It also says that if you negotiate any kind of business deal, while putting yourself in your good feng shui position, you will have the edge over the business person who doesn't know them and..."

So, Ben and Will did their calculations to find out that Will's Kau number is 6 and Ben's Kau number is 6 too, then Will tells me that he doesn't believe in feng shui and then he explains why to my deaf ears, as Tony, Ben and Will devoured their lunch.

While I was cleaning up the lunch dishes, we started talking about the Redneck Wine Glasses that Ben made for us. "At 5:30, we need to try them out," Tony suggested.

"We should use champagne," Will said, "if y'all have any?"

"We don't have any champagne," I replied.

"Oh, yes we do, Nance," Tony chimed in. "We have a bottle in the wine cellar (our bedroom closet, because we don't have any space for it in the kitchen.) "I'll go get it." Seconds later, T. enters the kitchen with a dusty bottle of champagne that someone gave to us. After T. dusted it off the bottle, he placed it inside the refrigerator, so it would be chilled when we made our first toast, at 5:30.

When everyone went back outside to work, Roy, Mama, Belle, Toto and Abbie followed me to the bedroom and we took a short twenty minute nap with me in the middle, facing Southwest for feng shui growth. Then my dear friends Ann, visiting from New Mexico, and Carol, the other half of our Cowgirl Sisterhood, from down the road, came over to see us and we had a wonderful time visiting with them and Ben and Will.

At 5:30, we filled the Redneck Wine Glasses, that Ben had made for us, with some of Carol's fine wine or the cheap, chilled champagne or my fine boxed wine and then we made a toast, "Bottoms up!" Then the real party started.

Unfortunately, as we happily sipped our choice of spirits, as brave June, Ellen and Eileen were driving up to Big D, to cheer on their number one fan, Luna-Tick Tick Boom, at the Assassination City Roller Derby—Ben's Redneck Wine Glass broke apart, because he hadn't glued it together right. "How sad," I jokingly exclaimed, as we laughed about Ben's redneck predicament. "I guess you'll just have to drink the champagne from the jelly jar, Ben." And Ben made the best of it and he didn't seem to mind sipping the cheap champagne from the Ball jelly jar.

Tonight has been so much fun. It was great seeing Ann and I am so glad that she and Carol got to finally meet each other. After Ann left around 6:30 to go back to her brother's ranch. Tony and I had a great visit with Carol. We laughed so much my back started aching immediately. And when Carol left to go back to her beautiful ranch, around 7:30—I immediately grabbed Mari's pretty, pink-dyed sheepskin, from my office and as I finish typing this—my back is starting to feel much better. Thank you, Mari.

Y'all have a great evening! Luna-Tick Tick Boom Rules! I hope her team wins.

No comments: