Saturday, February 4, 2012

Round Up!

Today has been great. Late this afternoon, while I was outside putting Round Up, weed killer, on some Thistle, an SUV drove into the ranch, so Tony jumped into Kermit to go greet them. Twenty minutes later, T. walks up to me and says, "Reata just got adopted to a very nice couple. David, the man who adopted Nellybelle from us, brought them out here. You're gonna like them." So, I took off for The Cabin to prepare Reata's adoption papers.

Twenty minutes later, after a fun visit with David, Ben and Tyra, who I really liked—Tyra signed off on Reata's adoption form, then I took this picture of Reata with her new family.


I immediately called Kinky when I returned to The Cabin, with the great news about Reata and he was delighted that she had found her fantastic, forever family so fast. Then Tony and I quickly cleaned up and fifteen minutes later we left here, around 4:30, to go eat an early dinner with Sandy and Jon Wolfmueller, at their house and we had a blast with our dear friends and the dinner was delicious too.

When we arrived back at the rescue ranch we had a surprise waiting for us—Princess greeted us at the gate, because she had dug out again and she was real proud of it. When I opened my door, Princess jumped inside and then kissed us all of the way back to her pen. 

Tomorrow I plan to spend my day out in The Bunkhouse, my pink writing cabin, to work some more on my book. 

I just checked out the comment that my dear friend Eileen posted on my Brisket Tacos story and I am still laughing about it, so I copied and pasted what she wrote and my response to her.

Anonymous Eileen said...

Nancy, why don't you ask Ronnie what he'd do about going to Shady Grove and Whole Food in Austin? I bet you a Sinker Omelette at Save Inn that Ronnie would go and tell you to go with us ... ask him!
February 4, 2012 8:13 PM
Delete

Blogger cousin nancy said...

Eileen, I can't quit laughing after reading what you just wrote.

First off, I swore off "food betting" a long time ago, which is another long story, even though eating a delicious Sinker Omelette with you at The Save Inn is extremely tempting.

For the sake of our great friendship, I am not going to "Ask Ronnie," because he knows how really scared I am of big cities, because he had to drive me, several times, all over Austin to my book signings.

And even though I am not going to ask my big brother what to do, I am sure he would say, "Don't do it, Nance. It's way too risky for you. Wait until they build a Whole Foods and a Shady Grove in Dripping Springs or Johnson City. And as you know and have often told me, I make the best brisket right here at The Ronderosa..." And, Eileen that is so true.

Maybe y'all could just make a video or a slideshow of y'all's next trip to Austin for me or y'all could meet me and Tone at The Save Inn and tell us all about it. : )
Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are loving our new puppy we rescued yesterday! she gets along great with our 7 month old and our other dog! she is ALREADY spoiled and got to sleep in our bed last night and has been lounging around the house this morning watching tv. she is doing great and loving her new home! thank you guys so much! she has the biggest heart and we love her to pieces already!

tyra harvill

cousin nancy said...

Hi Tyra. Thank you so much for the comment. Tony and I thrilled about y'all adopting Reata from us and please tell her that I said, "She is one very lucky dog to have found y'all."

Please give her a hug from us.

Fay said...

So happy for one and all, especially Reata!

Anonymous said...

Just thought i'd give yall an update! Reata - as we now call "Cookie" is getting so big! we love her to pieces and couldnt have asked for a greater blessing to come into our lives! Thank yall so much for such an amazing, loving animal!

Tyra & Ben