Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Send Me A Stamp!

Today has been great and this evening has been exciting. This afternoon when Tony went to get our mail, down on 16, I had my fingers crossed that the customized magnets, that I had ordered, would be in today's mail and sure enough they were.

When I slowly opened up the package with the 25 free magnets inside (I only had to pay the postage for.) I held my breath in hopes I would love them and when I saw them I burst out laughing. "Tony, they are perfect! Look." Tone, not knowing what I had designed for the free magnets took a look and he instantly laughed out loud.

"Those are hilarious, Nance. Can I have a few?"

"Sure. I can't wait to give them out to Eileen, June, Ellen, Lisa and Ben. If this doesn't make them laugh—nothing will. I can't wait to see the expression on Eileen's face when I give her one. In fact, have your camera ready when I give it to her. I'm also going to give one to Jon & Sandy, Will, Ronnie, Cindy, 'Erb & Karen, Don & Gerri, Fay and Carol."

"I know Fourth & Lynda and Aaron would also want one and what about Leisa & Rick, Mari and The NoMads, Kevin at Water Street Cafe, Randy & Lisa at The Save Inn, Carol and Calvin at CAL-Bob'S Smoke Shack, Maribeth, Kinky and..." After T. had named off twenty more people, my heart sank like a boat with a hole in the bottom of it. "Then there's John, his mom Mary, Pete & Kelly, Karin & Air Gun, Lorri & Jeff and..."

"Tony, stop it, because now I am depressed, because I don't have enough magnets."

"Just order some more free magnets, Nance."

"Okay. I think I'll order one hundred of them. Hopefully, that should be enough, but the postage is going to kill me. One hundred times a $ .45 stamp is $45.00. Maybe I should call Ronnie and ask him if he thinks I should ask everyone to please send me a stamp or a postage paid self-addressed envelope."

Late this afternoon, while I was outside attacking the Thistle, Princess decided to dig out of her & Marlin's pen and she caused all kinds of havoc, for over an hour.

When she got out, she started running from pen to pen, upsetting the dogs, so Tony jumped into Kermit and took off to go catch her, so I continued killing the Thistle, but after forty-five minutes of them chasing Princess all over Echo Hill Ranch, I decided to help him, because I had run out of Round Up, so I jumped into Buttermilk and we took off.

T. and Kermit and Buttermilk and I drove all over Kinky's ranch looking for her and every time that we tried to catch her, she'd take off. I finally caught her when she returned to the rescue ranch. I saw her down at Camp Okay Corral teasing The Friedmans, so I walked down there and as I was introducing her to some angry Friedmans, who did not like her, I slipped a leash over her head, before she knew what had happened. "I've got her, Tone!" I half-hollered at him, because he was walking behind the pigpen looking for her.

When Tony walked up to take her leash from me he said, "Sorry, Princess. The partys over. Come on, girl..."

It was nearly dark-thirty when we came back inside The Cabin. "Tone, I don't know what to write about tonight. Things have been pretty slow around here lately and I have been way too busy..." He started laughing at me.

"Write about your refrigerator magnets. They're pretty funny." So, I grabbed my camera and shot one of the magnets.


Y'all have a great evening! (Please note: I made up that number, so please do not call it—it's not Ron's)

2 comments:

"What would Ronnie NOT do?" said...

You ought to see my expression right now!!!

Karin Pohlmann said...

I will send you an International Stamp to get one of the magnets!