Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alfredo!

Like yesterday, today has been great too. Yesterday morning after we did our morning chores outside, we cleaned up, because we needed to go to Kerrville to run a few errands.

On our way to 16, I said, "Tony, please check the mail before we head to Kerrville, because there is a chance that my box will arrive with Sophie's business cards, mugs, scratch pads and t-shirts I designed. They are not due to arrive until tomorrow, but they might have come early."

"Looks like they arrived, Nance," Tone said, as he handed me a box, from the online printing company. "Here, let me open it for you." When T. opened up the box I was thrilled to see; Carol's and my Cowgirl Sisterhood t-shirts, our Cowgirl Sisterhood mugs, our Cowgirl Sisterhood scratch pads, Tony's photography business cards and Sophie Friedman's business cards.

"I can't wait to give these to Carol for her birthday. If her car is there, please pull up to her gate so I can call her, to see if we come over." Minutes later, we were inside Carol's ranch house giving Carol our late birthday presents. And she loved all of it. Here are pictures of our matching mugs.



After a fun visit with Carol, I gave Carol one of my "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnets to put on her refrigerator and then we adios-ed each other and T. and I headed to Kerrville.

Our last stop after running our errands was at Wolfmueller's Book, so I could give Sandy & Jon one of my free "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnets, but they were gone for the day, so we left it with Mary Jo, who was holding down the fort for them. Then we came back home.

Before Carol came over for a really fun happy hour, we spent over an hour outside killing Thistle and it is now looking like we are finally winning the Thistle War at last.

This morning after we had fed the dogs and cleaned their pens, we spent another hour attacking the rest of the Thistle. Then we came inside and ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.

After lunch Tony went to get our mail and it was filled with surprises. My new friend Alfredo, from Von Ormy, Texas, sent me a present, along with a beautiful card that he had made especially for me. I love  the book he sent, Lillian Too's smart feng shui for the home; 188 brilliant ways to work with what you've got and I plan to save the card. Thank you, Alfredo!


My next surprise was our Hidden Springs Maple LLC, 1/2 gallon of 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, that Tony's friend Peggy, turned us on to before Christmas, arrived today! It is Vermont Grade A Dark Amber and is absolutely the best tasting maple syrup on this planet and it comes from Putney, Vermont USA! 

I ordered it online last week and was not expecting to receive it until next week, so tomorrow morning I will be cooking Tony, Cousin Nancy's French Toast for breakfast instead of eggs and he can't wait. We love it so much we just put it up on the shelf next to Carol's and my bottle of Cowgirl Sisterhood wine.


This evening as I finish writing this Roy is resting on his quilt, Mama is sleeping on our bed with Abbie, Belle Starr-Simons is watching television with Tony in his office and little Toto is sleeping next to my feet, under the kitchen table, passing gas. 


I just took this picture from our front porch and now I am going to go into Outer Space with Tony and our fur-family to enjoy happy hour.


Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Nancy have you been keeping up with John Wells blog and what has been going on with Benita?