Thursday, November 10, 2011

You're Famous!

Today has been great. This morning Jim, our good friend and super dog-walking volunteer, came out to walk our dogs for us and Tony and I were thrilled, but not as much as Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee were.

While we did our outdoor chores, Jim walked Layla & Little Girl, Rufus & Roxanne and then Rocky & Lucy. When it was Miss Dee & Mr. Rogers' turn to go for Mr. Roger's 2nd walk, I was cleaning up Sparky's & Buddy's pen, which is right behind the famous, "Wichita Kansas Street Dogs" and I am so glad that I was there to watch, because when Jim approached Mr. Rogers & Miss Dee's pen they were so excited to see him they began happily jumping up in the air and barking, because they could not wait for Jim to get to their pen and take them for another joyous walk around the ranch.

When Jim walked into their pen they could not wait for him to leash them up, so they could go on a walk with him. Jim first leashed up Mr. Rogers and then he hooked his leash on the gate and then he leashed up Miss Dee and when he turned around, Mr. Rogers had already chewed his leash in half, so Jim laughingly re-leashed Mr. Rogers and before they took off I happily, half-hollered, "Jim, this is so great. Last Friday when I blogged about you being the first to walk Mr. Rogers I received so many e-mails, phone calls and comments, from all around the world, about how happy everyone was that you helped Mr. Rogers overcome his fear of leashes and everyone has asked me to please thank you for them and so did Kinky. You're famous, Jim!" Jim laughed and then he led the two dogs out of the pen.

When I had finished cleaning pens I jumped into Kermit and took off for the trailer to get my camera, because I wanted to show the many fans of Mr. Rogers, Miss Dee and Jim's, pictures of them enjoying their early morning walk together.





Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

1 comment:

Fay said...

Just goes to show you should never, ever give up. Mr. Rogers took a long time to get his courage up, but look at him now! So happy for him and Miss Dee. Who knows what great things the future holds for them now.

Good on Jim for getting them out walking, I just love the photos.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Fay