Monday, November 14, 2011

I've Got Yours!

Today has been great and I am writing this early, because we have a good chance for rain tonight and I've got my fingers crossed.

This afternoon Tony and I took Missy, the new, black Lab we rescued, to Hoegemeyer's Animal Clinic to get her shots, so she could go spend a few days with one of their sweet vet-techs to see if she works out with their dog.

Then we went to go see our dear friends Sandy and Jon, at Wolfmueller's Books, because we haven't seen them in a while and also because I wanted to give Sandy a recipe that Ronnie showed me how to cook, while I was up visiting him and Nita in Dripping Springs.

And, before I could tell them Ronnie's recipe, Sandy and Jon gave us the book, Chronicles of the Big Bend: A Photographic Memoir Of Life On The Border by W. D. Smithers. "We got this for y'all and you're going to love it," Sandy said. And we were thrilled to get the book, because Big Bend is now one of our favorite places to visit, thanks to Sandy and Jon, along with Port Aransas, thanks to Rick & Leisa, John and Pete & Kelly.

While I told Sandy and Jon Ronnie's simple, but delicious recipe, Tony thumbed through this interesting looking book. Then I told them about my fun road trip and we laughed and joked about me not getting lost, actually driving 70 MPH and not knowing how to put gas in Trigger. After a fun visit with them we came back home.

At 2:49, while I was outside spray painting some stuff on the front porch my brother Ronnie called, but I didn't know it, because I was listening to my music. So, while I was waiting for the paint to dry I came inside to find Carlton flashing. "Tony!" I half-hollered down his hallway photography gallery. "Do you know who called?"

"I think it was Ronnie, but I am not sure." So, I went over to Carlton and pushed his button and when I heard Ronnie's hilarious, 30 second message, (Warning, it does contain the cuss word that starts with an "H" when he was trying to sound mad, but couldn't.), I burst out laughing and ran down the hallway to go look into my office and then Tony came out of his office to check on me, because I was laughing so hard. And this is what Ronnie said and I promise that it will make you laugh out loud.

When I played his message for Tone to hear, he too burst out laughing with me and then I called my brother back and we had a good laugh about him, a few minutes earlier, deciding to play his guitar and when he opened up the case his guitar was gone and mine was there, and me accidentally, grabbing his guitar case instead of mine, because it was before the sun came up and the room was still dark and we both have the same kind of guitar cases, except mine has a Willie Nelson backstage pass sticker on it. "Ronnie, When I got home, Tony unloaded and carried my guitar straight to my office and I haven't been in my office since I got back..." And my final words to my big brother were, "Well, Ron, it looks like I'll be coming up there sometime this week to trade guitars with you and then I'll turn around and come right back home. It will be good practice for me and I'll make sure that Tony has the tank full. See you sooner than later. Love you. Bye."

Y'all have a great evening and please pray that we get some more rain!

No comments: