Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Silver K!

Today has been great and the reason that I did not write last night was because I was pooped, because yesterday I drove up to Johnson City to meet my sister Cindy & Ray and Ronnie for lunch, so we could visit and Ronnie and I could exchange guitars.

We had planned to meet in the bank parking lot on 290 at 12:15, but because they had arrived way too early, plans changed without me knowing it. As I slowly drove 30 mph through downtown Johnson City I unexpectedly see Cindy, Ray and Ronnie standing on a corner waving their arms wildly at me, so I quickly turn right and because I hadn't made a sharp enough turn Trigger and I nearly ran into a Texas Parks & Wildlife pickup, stopped at the stop sign.

After I sheepishly mouthed, "I'm sorry," to him, I pulled into a parking space in front of a Karate store and by the time I had turned off my music Ronnie, Cindy and Ray were standing next to Trigger's door—laughing at me and after howdies and hugs and laughing at my expert driving skills the four of us crossed the street to go eat lunch at The Silver K restaurant.

As we walked inside the Silver K, the Texas Parks & Wildlife Ranger, that I almost had a run-in with minutes before, was standing in front of us with his friend and he starts laughing and jokingly says, "There's the woman who just tried to kill me." Then all of us started laughing.

"I'm really sorry," I apologized. "I'm old. I just turned sixty-years-old and I am blaming it on that and Mercury is fixin' to go retrograde on the 23rd. And, because I am so old my friends have given me two 60th birthday parties, just in case I forgot." Then I walked past him and his friend, wondering if we should go seat ourselves and that was a mistake.

"And now she is trying to cut in line, in front of us," the the young, friendly, good-looking Ranger, with a great sense of humor, teased and everyone burst out laughing, as I walked back behind him to get back in line.

Of course, I had a blast eating lunch with my family, with the friendly Texas Parks & Wildlife Ranger and his friend, sitting at a table right next to us. And during our fun visit, after the ranger and friend had left their table, we laughed about the Texas Parks & Wildlife Ranger teasing me. "How do you know him, Nance?" one of them asked.

"I don't know him," I replied, and they all started laughing, because they thought I knew him.

I had good news when Trigger and I got home—"Missy is working out great and my husband and I want to adopt her..." the sweet vet-tech, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, told me. Yeah!

Today, while Tony and Ben worked outside, I spent my day doing paperwork and around 4:00 when I was caught up and done with my work, Ben came inside so he could play his mandolin with me and not to brag (Yes, I am.) we sounded great and I totally enjoyed pickin' and grinnin' with him and I am so glad to finally have Trigger, my guitar that Ronnie custom made for me, back. And that is about it for tonight.



Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog has been so good as always:) thank you for.... you and all your friend's and family's dedication to all y'all do. brave good people and brave good dogs / what an asset to pure peace y'all are