Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Part 2! or Our Little Alien Visitor!

Thanksgiving Day, around 1:30, after Tony, our personal dogs and I had eaten our delicious Thanksgiving dinner, that our friends Karen Cauthen and her husband Terry, had sent to us—we jumped into Trigger and went down the road to Carol's ranch, to see her and meet her sweet family.

When we arrived Carol took us inside to meet her family. "Mom's taking a nap right now," Carol told us. "Y'all, I want you to meet Tony and Nancy. This is my sister Carla, her husband Mike and their children Christina and Michael... After howdies we had a good visit with them and a little later when Carol's mom walked into the big room Carol introduced us to Rita.

"So, we finally get to meet Carol's legendary mother," I said. "We have heard so many great things about you and..." Ten minutes later, Tony reminded me that we needed to leave, so we wouldn't miss the  Dallas Cowboys game, so we adios-ed them and came home and watched one exciting game.

Friday was a great day, too, even though it started out bad, when Tony returned from the Old Timer and walked inside the trailer with some bad news, "I've got some bad news. On my way home a buck ran into Trigger. He was chasing a doe and I had already braked and was only going about two miles per hour when he ran into the driver's side door. It's dented and he broke off the mirror and the bad news is the buck died..."


Tony was sick about it and so was I, so there wasn't much said when we ate our breakfast. Fortunately, around 9:30, Jim showed up and a few minutes later Eileen and Kim arrived to walk our dogs for us and within minutes they had me smiling and laughing again—thank goodness.

After I had cleaned the dog pens and the volunteers had walked several happy dogs,  I had a good time visiting with Eileen and Kim and when Jim started heading over to Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee's pen to take them for a walk—the dogs from Kansas started barking in delight and began jumping up and down, because they could not wait for Jim to leash them up and take them walking. Needless to say it gave us girls goose bumps when Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee happily trotted out of their pen with Jim, with their tails held high and wagging. "I love it," Eileen said. "Jim has worked wonders with those two dogs..."

A few hours later, Buttermilk took T. and me to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to pick up Little Sister, the adorable little Chihuahua that we had rescued on Tuesday. And by the time we made it back to the rescue ranch with precious cargo, we had decided to get a crate and let Little Sister stay inside the trailer with us, because she was only three months old. Then we made a plan on how we were going to introduce her to our fur family.

While Tone put the crate inside the trailer, next to my chair at the kitchen table, where I do a lot of computer work, Little Sister sniffed and smelled our front yard and took care of business. Then we brought her inside and put her inside her crate and then one-by-one we brought our dogs inside to meet Little Sister and everyone liked her, but they were more than curious about the clear-see-through Victorian crown that she wore around her neck, to keep her from taking her stitches out. "Tony, I think they think she is a little alien from another planet," I said, as our dogs continued to stare and turn their heads sideways, trying to figure out what she was.

After the little alien meet and greet was over Mama came over and stared at her for awhile and then she laid down beside her crate to keep her company, so I grabbed my camera and shot them.



One hour later, after they had napped, we took off Little Sister's Victorian crown, to give her a break from wearing it and then she, Mama,Toto and us went outside to the front yard so they could play and potty and Mama, with her natural guardian instincts, followed Little Sister all around the yard as if she were her personal body guard and I thought it was so sweet, I took this picture of them on our porch.


And that wraps up Friday. Tomorrow I will write about my fun day today and about Paul and Brad, from Athens, Georgia coming out and our fun visit and about Tony and I going over to Carol's ranch early this evening for a Cowgirl Sisterhood meeting.

Y'all have a great evening and do any of y'all know someone who would like to adopt Little Sister?

1 comment:

Karin Pohlmann said...

The poor (or stupid) buck was not a victim of traffic, he was a victim of testosterone....And I love Mama for being a real mama to Little Sister