Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunsweet California Prunes!

Today has been a blast! My morning started out great, because we got almost one inch of rain before I did the fun Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch radio segment with Big G (Gordon Ames) at 7:30 on The Real Deal 93.5 KOOK / 1230 KERV. So, when Tony came home from the Old Timer—I was already on Cloud 9.

This morning after we did our morning chores outside we quickly cleaned up, because we were meeting Mari and Lori, our dear friends and members of the famous dog agility club— The NoMads, for lunch at Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack at 11:15 or so we thought.

When we arrived at Cal-Bob's the parking lot was full and when we walked inside Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack, Carol and Calvin, the super friendly owners, greeted us and then came the surprise—The NoMads were there and they greeted us with, "Happy Birthday, Nancy! Come on over and sit down with us. Mari, Lori and Lynda will be here any minute..."

The NoMads had totally surprised me or should I say, "Mari had really surprised me," because yesterday she had told me that she had invited The NoMads to join us, but only Lori and she would be meeting us for lunch today.

Non-stop laughter filled the air during our super fun, delicious lunch and everyone told me that they were impressed with Carol and Calvin's cooking and that they loved their smoked red pepper soup, cilantro cole slaw, potato salad and the meats that they had ordered.

Near the end of my second, 60th Birthday party, Carol served me my dessert and said, "Nancy, last month you celebrated your birthday here and now today. I want to know when your birthday is?"

"Every day!" I joked, before starting to eat my tasty dessert.

"Actually," Tony said, "we celebrate Nancy's birthday every month on the 17th. I have to, because Nancy included it in our wedding vows and..."

While Tony devoured the rest of my dessert I started opening up The NoMads' many birthday presents to me and my back is aching tonight, because I laughed too much reading their funny cards and at the hilarious gifts they gave to me.


The NoMads gave me Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging cream, Avon Banishing Cream for age spots, Poligrip Super Strong Denture Adhesive, Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel for sore muscles and joint pain relief for horses, Dove's Citrus Sage Energizing Body Wash, Super Colon Cleanse, Gas Relief, four Magnifying Glasses, Efferdent, 3 packages of doggie treats, an Air Horn to use when I need Tone and yes—Sunsweet California Prunes! And when I thanked them for their gifts-for-the-ancient they teased me about now having everything I would need to grow older.


So now I want to thank my dear friends Mari and Lori and the rest of The NoMads for the best, belated 60th surprise birthday party that I have ever had and I promise y'all that I will use your gifts in time. The NoMads Rule!

When Tony and I came home, as I was laying out my gifts from The NoMads for the pictures above, he asked me if he could sometimes use my magnifying glasses to look at his pictures and after I had swallowed a Sunsweet California prune I said, "Yes, and you might want to use the Absorbine, for your back and the Gas Relief for your you-know-what and if I need to use them I'll just honk my Air Horn. These prunes are delicious. Do you want to try one?"

Y'all have a great evening and thanks for praying for the much needed rain!

1 comment:

Mari of the NoMads said...

The NoMads sure appreciated the chance your second 60th birthday party of this year gave us to get together and have a great time with you and Tony!

And what a coincidence that all the NoMads were wearing pink! (Other Cal-Bob's customers were undoubtedly positive that we were all a wee bit late for Breast Cancer Awareness week!)

The age-appropriate gifts were just a hoot! What a good sport you were as you opened each and every wrapped item to discover what 'treasure' was inside! Use them all to good end - in good time, of course!

We NoMads love ya, gal! Keep on being you as the world is a better place for that!