Friday, June 17, 2011

The Fab 4!

Today has been great because our "Fab 4" volunteers," Lisa, Eileen, June and her sister Ellen came out this morning, while I was outside cleaning the dog pens. I love the Fab 4 because they are so upbeat and they always have me laughing the minute we get to visiting and today was no different.

While I was visiting with Eileen, as Lisa and June walked our dogs and Ellen groomed on them, she gave me a fire warning brochure, from a wild fire conference that she had attended, about wild fires and how to prepare for them in advance, because we are in such an extreme drought out here and I learned so much that I didn't know.

When Ellen joined us she told me about a dog brush that June had purchased on sale at Kerrville's Pet Supplies Plus store and recommended that we get one. Then I went on a walk with Lisa and Eileen and Maggie and La Toya and it was fun, because Maggie and La Toya went into the water and "got their feet wet" for the very first time, and they seemed to love it.

Before the Fab 4 left to go eat lunch in Medina, before heading back home to Kerr Town I had a great visit with them in Outer Space and it was filled with non-stop laughter. So I want to say, "Thank Y'all For Coming Out!"

After I fed Tony lunch, because he was once again starving, we took off in Trigger—headed for Kerrville, so we could hopefully purchase one of those "super combs" on sale at Pets Supplies Plus and then to Home Depot to buy fire extinguishers, and lastly, to mail off some letters.

Well, we got lucky, probably because we were no longer in F.M.T. (Full Moon Time). We bought the last "super comb" on sale at Pet Supplies Plus and we also bought the last five fire extinguishers on sale at Home Depot, that Eileen had recommended to me.

On our way home I talked non-stop to T., my captive, not by choice, audience, about how lucky we were to have gotten the last comb on sale and the discounted, five fire extinguishers. "I think we should put one inside the trailer, two in the barn, one in Buttermilk, Trigger and Kermit," I suggested, and I was thrilled that Tone thought it was a good idea, too. Then the rest of the way home, I read the fire extinguisher's manual, out loud to Tony, so we would know how to use them in case of a fire emergency.

And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and please pray for rain for us!

No comments: