Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ellen, Eileen, June and Lisa!

Today has been fun, but first I want to tell you about last night when we were over at the Lodge visiting with Kinky, Marcie, Rambam and Will and The Friedmans, because now I have added one more thing to my yearly bucket list to accomplish before 2012.

When we arrived at the Lodge everyone was inside visiting in the big room. Before we could say hello to everyone Rambam stands up and says, "Tony, I think you should do a book of your photographs, because when I saw those photos that you brought over the other day—I was really impressed with your photography. I'm serious, man. You're good. You need to pick out the best photos and let Cousin Nancy write a few words about each one and..."

"Steve, I totally agree with you," I said. "I've told Tone, for some time, that he should do a photography book and I am so glad that you think he should too, because maybe now he will do it. And there is no reason for me to write about his pictures because he is a good writer too."

"Really," Steve said.

"Yes. A few years ago T. wrote me a story about his first dog as a kid and it was great. In fact, it made me tear up."

"Everything makes you tear up, Nance," Kinky teased, as T. nodded in agreement. Then we started talking about the weather, Kinky's upcoming Australian tour, etc.

This morning when Tony got back from the Old Timer we discussed about him doing a photography book during breakfast, so as of now it looks like he will be doing a photography e-book, but he has asked me to help with some of the writing and to do the publishing for him and I have agreed to do it because I love him and I think that it will be fun for us to work together.

The reason that we will be doing an e-book of his photography instead of a colored coffee table book is because we can't afford it, because printing a book in color is way too expensive and not cost effective.

After breakfast Tony and I went over to the Lodge to see if Ben had come in, because last night he had called to tell me that he had had some truck trouble and he needed to replace his alternator that had gone out, and he wasn't sure if he was even going to be able to come out at all.

When we arrived Marcie, Ben and Will were sitting outside on the picnic table and Kinky was inside the Lodge talking on the phone. Ben told us that he had just arrived five minutes before we got there and that he had forgotten to bring some Miles of Chocolate.

"Tomorrow you're going to have to face Ellen, Eileen, June and Lisa, who are going to be very disappointed in you, because you promised our volunteers that you would bring them some chocolate," Tone teased.

"It's not really my fault, Tony," Ben said, before laughing. "It's Nancy's fault because when I talked to her earlier this week I asked he to please remind me to bring some with me. Didn't I?"

"Yes Ben, I did forget to remind you," I confessed, but in my defense I said, "because I am old and am going to be sixty years old this coming October, so I am blaming you back, because you're too young to forget, Ben and..."

Before Ben, T. and I left to come back to the rescue ranch we wished Kinky a safe and fun trip to Australia because he was leaving for Austin around noon, and we won't be seeing him until he returns on July 4th. And then we wished Marcie a fun time in Austin and told her that we all looked forward to seeing her on Saturday and getting a little more visiting time in, before she catches a plane back to Trinidad Sunday morning.

Late this afternoon after Ben and T. were done working Will took a break from babysitting The Friedmans, over at the Lodge, and came over to visit us and we had a fun visit as always and that's about it for today. Tonight I am going to watch On Golden Pond because I love that movie and it has been a long time since I've watched it.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: