Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Today They Started Loving Him Again!

Today has been great, but I need to catch y'all up. Monday evening, after a couple of phone calls, we ended up rescuing two, small, female dogs that had been dumped and luckily found by Molly and her husband.

Early Tuesday morning, after I called in and did Big G's popular radio show, with Kinky, as his guest, in his studio, I called Susan, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. "Susan, we have two, small, female dogs coming in....We will be coming in later today, to check on them..."

Tuesday afternoon, while we were running errands, in Kerrville, we stopped by Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so we could meet our latest rescued dogs. The dogs were precious and I found out that they are about one-year-old. I named the Chihuahua mix after my dear friend Carol and I named the furry, terrier mix Lorri, in honor of our friend, who is also Jeff's (Bob aka The Singing Safety) girlfriend.

Late Tuesday afternoon, I received another e-mail from Gretchen, who sounded totally heartbroken. Since Sunday, Gretchen had been e-mailing me, because she was very concerned about Merle Haggard's unhappiness and acting scared. So, I suggested that we meet her and Merle, in Fredericksburg, so we could take him back to our rescue ranch. Then Tony and I went outside to mow and Weed-Eat the grass, until dark.

This morning, right after breakfast, while I was doing the dishes, I let Carlton take this phone call, "Hi Nance, it's Kathy, at Hoegemeyers. I don't know if you have already found homes for Carol and Lorri, but I wanted to let you know that our vet technician, Ashley, wants to adopt Lorri..."

A few minutes later, I called Kathy back to discuss the possible adoption. Then I called Molly, to talk about the possible adoption, because Monday night Molly had fallen in love with the sweet girls, in that short of time, and she was hoping that we could adopt them out together. Then I went outside to help Tony do the chores.

This morning after we did our chores, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and took off for Fredericksburg, so we could meet Gretchen and Merle, in the Walmart parking lot. When we arrived at 12:30, they were waiting for us. After a short visit with Gretchen, we left Walmart's parking lot with precious cargo—Merle was in the back seat and he did seem scared and kept his tail tucked under him.

When we arrived back at the rescue ranch, the first thing we did was take Merle to his pen, so he could be reunited with his best friends, Faith and Twiggy. As soon as Twig and Faith saw Merle coming, they barked at him and his hidden tail immediately went up and he started wagging it wildly. To say the least, "Merle was so glad to be back home and today they started loving him again."

Late this afternoon, Tony and I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Chet. We talked about the upcoming Concert for Utopia and the line up, the volunteers, our guests and who to find as an impersonator for Tony, because he is too shy to get up on the stage with us.

Before we adios-ed Kinky and Chet and came back home, Tony invited Chet to come over at 6:30 and Chet did come over and we had a fun visit with him. He has just left The Cabin and it's now 8:52. As I finish writing this, I plan to do some more writing and then go to bed.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: