Friday, April 18, 2014

His Huge Herd of Hummingbirds!

Today has been great and so was yesterday, because late Thursday afternoon we took Katie (Kate Middleton) to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so she could be adopted to a very nice woman. The good news is that Kate is going to live with a sweet woman, that has a big back yard to play in. We were also told that Katie is going to be a house dog that will be pampered and at night she will get to sleep on the bed, with her new forever friend. To say the least, "We are thrilled about it!"


This morning our great friends/volunteers came out to walk our dogs for us and many of the dogs went swimming in the creek. We were thrilled that this time Suzanne stayed dry, because recently George Carlin pulled her into the cold creek water—totally soaking her.

While we were outside visiting with our great friends, in between dog walks, Jim & Kris gave me pictures, that Donna Gable Hatch had taken, for her super articles, in The Kerrville Daily Times. Donna had e-mailed them to Jim and they had gotten them printed for us and the volunteers to have. Tony and I love them and we are going to get the one taken of Kinky, our volunteers and me framed.

After Jim gave Dawn her picture of all of us, Dawn says, "Nancy, stay here. I made something and I want to give it to you. I'll be right back." Then Dawn took off for her white truck. When she returned to us, she handed me the prettiest wreath covered in beautiful paper flowers that she had made.

"Oh my goodness," I said. "I love it, Dawn. It is beautiful. Thank you so much. I love the colors of the flowers and..."

After the dogs were walked all of us went up to the Medina Highpoint Resort to eat a delicious lunch together and as always it was a lot of fun. At one point during our meal I started telling Jim, "The Mineral Man" about my latest, tastiest frittata recipe ever, that I'd concocted yesterday morning. "Up until a few days ago my frittatas were more like eating scrambled eggs until Carol told me how to cook them properly. Now, that I'm using a whole lot less oil—they're turning out perfect and are totally delicious," I bragged. "Yesterday, when I served Kinky and Tony my new Cousin Nancy's Spinach & Sausage Frittata, they both told me that it was delicious and the best one that I've ever made and they want me to make them more..."

When Tony and I got back to the ranch I decided to do paperwork, while Tony checked our faucets outside, while old Mama slept in our bedroom and dreamed of her younger days. Which by the way has our new quilt on our bed, scissor-cut down to size, because last week, before Fay arrived, I finally threw out that old, torn up, shredded one, that Beau happily, completely destroyed when he was Tony's puppy.


During the four hours that it took me to catch up with my paperwork I took a break and took this picture of Dawn's beautiful, paper flowers wreath, with the group photo that Donna took, that Kris & Jim gave to us.


Early this evening, Kinky called and he invited me to come over for a visit and before we adios-ed each other he asked me to please bring him some more of my delicious sausage and spinach frittata, if we had any leftover. 

A few minutes later, when I arrived, at the Lodge, I gave Kinky another large slice of my delicious sausage with spinach frittata, that he immediately put into his fridge, to save for later. Then we went on a fun hike with The Friedmans, to let his dogs go skinny dipping and after that we sat out on his front porch visiting, with his dogs in our laps, while watching his huge herd (flock) of Hummingbirds drain his many, colorful water and sugar filled feeders. I was over there for over two hours and I didn't get back home until 7:00. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: