Sunday, April 20, 2014

Steve's Present! or The Dudley Files!

Yesterday was great. Our good friend/volunteer Ellen came out after lunch to show her friends Jan & Bill our rescue ranch. Bill and his sweet wife are from Minnesota. They've spent the winter in Kerrville and they are planning to return to Minnesota in a few weeks and Ellen wanted them to see the rescue ranch before they went home.  

Because Tony and I love Ellen and we really liked her friends, we invited them to go into Outer Space with us, so we could visit, while listening to some of Chet O'Keefe's music, because all three of them had told me that they were blown away with Chet's great performance, at our Concert for Utopia, last Sunday. "Nancy," Ellen said. "Chet O'Keefe's was fabulous. He was my favorite at the concert. I wish it had just been a Chet O'Keefe concert, because I love his music. I am definitely going to buy his CDs..."

After a fun visit with Ellen, Jan and Bill, Tony and I invited them to come inside The Cabin, so we could show it to them before leaving. To say the least, "They loved our trailer and could not believe that it was thirty-years-old."

While we were visiting in the big room, there was a knock on the front door and it was our dear artist friend Steve Pietzsch! After we had introduced Steve to Ellen and her friends from Minnesota, Steve handed Tony a framed picture and said, "Tony, I had a print made of Big Foot Wallace and I framed it. Last week, when Nancy told me that you had made an 8x10 and framed it, I decided to do this, because it is too good of a photo to be an 8x10."

Tony was thrilled with Steve's gift, so Tony told our visitors about him being related to Big Foot, while I silently thought about which wall we should hang it, in our big room, because I loved the picture, too.

As soon as everyone had gone home, I said, "Tony, I know the perfect place where we should hang Big Foot, so everyone can see it when they walk inside our trailer. This space has been waiting for it. Where's your drill?" And three minutes later, I took these pictures of Steve's present to Tony.



Today has been great. This morning after we did our morning chores outside, our good friend Cary Robinson came over for two reasons. To pick up his Baby Taylor guitar, signed by 37 Texas singer, songwriter, musicians, that he won, at our auction, at our concert and for him and me to trade our latest books that we have written.

Cary Robinson loves dogs so much that he has written two, dog comedy, mystery novels, The Dudley Files and today he traded me two signed copies of his The Dudley Files: Burp Gun Bandit, Book II for two signed copies of my Cowgirl Sisterhood: Death In New Mexico, Part II

I love the artwork on the jacket, on his Part II book and I have already started reading it, while laughing out loud. I took this picture of the book and I hope that all of y'all will check out Cary Robinson and his hilarious books @ www.dudleyfiles.com because at the end of this year, Cary will be dividing up 100% of his books profits and donating all of the money to several rescue organizations, including our Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch, that he has supported since 1998.


This afternoon I had a fun visit with Carol and that is about it for tonight. 

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

DudleyFiles said...

It was of course my pleasure visiting you and Tony. You guys do great work and I am pleased to be able to do my little part. Thanks for the books. Can't wait to read them.

Cary