Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Please Call Me!

Today has been great and very busy. After we did our chores outside, Tony started mowing and weed-eating outside, while I for several hours stayed inside The Cabin, either working on the computer or talking on the phone.

I have had about forty e-mails and forty phone calls, which is about twice as many as I usually receive a day. I know it is not F.M.T. (Full Moon Time) and Mercury is where it is supposed to be, thank goodness, so I'm blaming my hectic day on Mars, because the Red Planet aligns with the sun and Earth today and this happens about every 26 months, and it's been about 26 months since I've had such a crazy day like this.

Since I am tired this evening, I am going keep my post short tonight, since the last few have been too long. It's about a funny phone call, that Carlton took.

This morning after doing my chores outside, I came back inside The Cabin and Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar, so I pushed his button and heard this sweet sounding, older woman say, "I just read the article, in The Kerrville Daily Times. Please call me. I think I want to adopt Sophie, the Cocker Spaniel. My phone number is..." Click.

Bless her heart, the woman was confused and she didn't know that Sophie is Kinky's beloved four-legged soul mate, that he rescued from a nice, fifty-year-old woman, years ago, because she had asked Kinky to take Sophie, because she was fixing' to fall on some hard times.

Instead of calling the woman right back to tell her that Sophie was Kinky's pride and joy, I decided to call Kinky first, because I really needed to laugh, because I was feeling tired and a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff that I still need to take care of before the concert, on Sunday. "Start talking." Kinky said.

"Hi Kink. Just wanted to let you know that a woman just called here and she wants to adopt Sophie."

There was a moment of silence. Then Kinky burst out laughing and so did I. "No way! Are you serious?"

"Yes." Then I heard Kinky tell Sophie that someone wanted to adopt her, but he wasn't going to let them, because he loved her so much. Then we talked about our guest lists for the concert, for about a minute, before we adios-ed each other.

I then called the sweet, caring woman back and told her about Sophie and Kinky being inseparable. She started laughing about her confusion, too. Her last words to me were, "If y'all get another Cocker in, please call me. Bye."

Late this afternoon, Bella, that sweet, young Lab mix, that has been fostered for six months, by the nice German couple, was returned to us, because the couple is going back to Germany for six months. They told us that Bella is a super dog and she is great with other dogs and if we don't get her adopted out before they return in six months, they want to foster her again for six months. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: