Friday, December 6, 2013

The Runt!

Today has been great. Around 9:00 this morning, Jim, our good friend/volunteer, knocked on our front door and of course our four dogs started barking at him. "Come on in Jim," I said. "The dogs will settle down in just a second. Would you like some coffee?"

Minutes later, Jim and I were drinking cups of delicious Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee, when Tony arrived. "Tony, Jim's wife Diane gave me this pretty stand and cobalt blue holder, with a battery-operated, flicker candle!"As Tony admired my gift, that I love, I made Tony a cup of coffee. I took this picture of Diane's gift and please note that Roy is asleep in the chair and Belle is curled up on the dog bed.


The three of us had a really fun visit inside The Cabin. After we had talked about some of our favorite musicians and singers, we put Mama, Roy, Belle and Beau, in the backyard, so Jim could meet Walter Matthau, his sweet sister Ginger Rogers and her five, adorable, one-week-old pups. To say the least, Jim liked them and they made Jim smile. Then we put our temporary house guests back in my office, so we could go outside to work while Jim walked our super dogs, that were overly excited to see Jim.

Even though it was pretty cold outside, our dogs had a blast going for a walk and an hour and a half later, Tony and I had finished our chores and Jim was ready to go back home, because we could not go eat lunch with him, because we had Carla and her husband J.D. coming out to see our puppies. (Carla is the sweet woman that I met last week, at the Mini-Mart, when we adopted out the two yellow Lab pups to Jennifer and her son.)

Around 1:15, after Tony and I had eaten lunch, Carla and her husband arrived. When we invited them inside The Cabin, so they could meet our house guests, they fell in love with our trailer. Then they fell in love with Walter and Ginger. Then we showed them the puppies and they instantly picked the runt!
"He is so cute," Carla said. "And he will live inside with us, be my lap dog and we will take him with us when we travel...." Then we talked about him being ready to go to their home, in five to six weeks, before we adios-ed the nice couple.

Around 3:00, before we went over to visit Carol, at her ranch, I asked Tony to please go over to The Lodge to buy Chet O-Keefe's CD, Game Bird, because all three of us are wild about his music and that CD. "Please ask Chet to sign it to Carol," I said, as Tony walked out the front door.

Twenty minutes later, we gave Carol, Chet's Game Bird CD and she was thrilled to get it and that Chet had signed it to her. We had a great visit with Carol and the whole time that we were over there we listened to Chet's beautiful CD.

When Tony and I got home I started cooking cheese and garlic quesadillas for our dogs outside. I used fifty-six flour tortillas, which made twenty-eight quesadillas and after cutting them into fourths, we had one-hundred-twelve to serve to our dogs. I only used about three fourths of a bag of cheddar cheese and about one inch of garlic salt to make the dog treats.


It only took me about thirty-five minutes to cook up the quesadillas and as soon as I turned off the stove top and the oven, that was keeping the cheese and garlic quesadillas warm, Tony quickly divided them up and then put them into two of our red, insulated H-E-B shopping bags. Then we went outside and fed them to our dogs, who love my Mexican food. I know this because they all begged for more. It only took us ten minutes to serve up the tasty treats and five minutes for me to clean up the kitchen. And that is about it for tonight.

P.S. Yesterday, Tony and I saw Chris, the man who adopted Sandy Wolfmueller from us. He told us his family loves Sandy and her first night with her new family, she slept on the bed with his son Kyle! 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: