Friday, December 13, 2013

Carol's Oatmeal Cookies!

Today has been great. This morning Jim, Kris & Jim and Eileen, our dear friends/great volunteers came out to walk our dogs for us, while Tony and I fed the dogs and cleaned their pens. As soon as T. and me were done with our morning chores it started to rain, so we came up to The Cabin for a fun, short visit and to show them Ginger Roger's and her adorable two-week-old pups. Tony took these two pictures of them.



While we were visiting, Eileen gave me her Christmas gift, which I was thrilled to get. It was big box of Aretha Frankensteins Insanely Great Pancake mix! Tony and I love Aretha Frankenstein's famous scratch pancakes, because they are truly the best! 

Around 11:30, Carol joined us, at the Medina Highpoint Resort, so we could eat lunch together. Needless to say, "Lunch was a total blast with our friends and it was filled with non-stop laughter.

Around 4:15, I went outside, carrying Walter Matthau, in my arms, so he and I could be the first to greet Priscilla and Megan, her sweet daughter. The second that they saw Walter it was love at first sight for them and for Walter, too. 

Because it was lightly misting outside, I invited them to come up to The Cabin, so they and Walter could get to know each other while we visited. While the three of them got to know one another, Tony and I were thrilled about them adopting Walter, but not as much as Walter was. 

Oh my gosh, Walter hammed it up for them. If he wasn't sitting in one of their laps, he was doling out kisses to them or showing off by dancing around on his hind legs. Seriously, his little performance was way over the top and oh so cute.

At 4:21, while Priscilla was signing off on Walter's adoption form, the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Nance, Tone, it's Kinky. Call me as soon as you can!" Then he hung up before I had the time to pick up the phone. Then I excused myself and picked up the phone and called Kinky back. "Nance, can I come over and bring Todd, a photographer and Reid, a reporter for the Texas Tribune? They really want to see the rescue ranch."

As soon as Kink and I adios-ed each other, I told Priscilla and Megan, "Y'all, Kinky is coming over right now and he is bringing a camera man and a reporter with him....I would love for Kinky to meet y'all and Walter, because he has just gotten back to the ranch, after being gone for over a month and..." The sweet mom and daughter seemed excited about getting to meet Kinky, but Walter didn't seem to really care, because he was too busy kissing Megan.

Five minutes later, Kinky arrived and after introductions, Kinky met Walter, Ginger Rogers and her five puppies— all of them stole his heart, too. While we had a fun visit, Todd and Tony snapped pictures of Kinky and about twenty minutes later, Priscilla told me that they had to go home, so Tony asked Kinky if he could take a picture of him with Priscilla and Megan, before "Walter has left the building." Then we went out on the porch, so Tony could shoot them.


Five minutes hadn't passed, after we had waved goodbye to Walter and his new family, when Kinky asked me, "Nance, have y'all got anything to snack on...?"

"Yes. Yesterday, Carol gave us a big bag of her oatmeal cookies."

"Perfect," Kinky said. Then he started telling Todd and Reid about Carol's oatmeal cookies. "Carol's oatmeal cookies are the very best. They are healthy, too and..." Then I put the opened bag, full of fresh cookies, set them on the breakfast bar and then Kinky, Todd and Reid started eating away. 

I wish that Carol could have been over today, to hear their many compliments that they made about her mouth-watering cookies, because with my short-term memory—I can only remember them all agreeing that her oatmeal cookies were the best that they had ever eaten. And that is about it for tonight, because there is something that I was fixin' to do, but now I have forgotten what it was.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Such a colorful bunch of puppies! Do you know who/what the daddy is, other than him being a merle color?

VERY cute little puppies - I can't wait to see more pictures as they grow up!

Y'all stay warm!