Sunday, December 15, 2013

Strangers!

Yesterday and today have been great days. Early yesterday afternoon, Chris, the nicest young man came out to check out our dogs and he chose Grace Kelly, Tom Landry's pen mate! Chris is going to college and is an athlete. He runs every evening and he wanted a running partner that could keep up with him and Grace was the perfect choice for him.

When it was time for Chris to take Grace home, I took this picture of Grace showering Chris with kisses.


When Chris put his new best running buddy inside his pickup, he was wearing the biggest grin on his face, as Grace looked straight ahead, like she was saying, "Come on, let's go home. Get me the heck out of here!" Tony and I laughed about it, as Kermit took us back to The Cabin.

Around 2:00, Carol came over to visit and to see Ginger Rogers and her adorable two-week-old puppies and she brought us a big sack full of her delicious oatmeal cookies, because Kinky and his friends had just about eaten all of our cookies. And she brought us another big jar of her dad's secret recipe salsa!

After we had played with Ginger and her pups, Carol, Tony and I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Chet O'keefe, and for Carol to also give sacks of her oatmeal cookies and jars of delicious salsa that she had cooked up for them.

While we were over there having a fun visit, I looked out the kitchen window and said, "Kinky, there is a man and young man walking up and they have a dog with them." Then all h#@@ broke loose, inside the Lodge. The Friedmans, Winston and Sophia, started barking and then they ran outside. Then Kinky went outside to meet the strangers, followed by Chet, with his cool dog Willie and Tony, leaving Carol and me inside the Lodge with Chumley.

To make a long story short, Kinky, Tony and I ended up rescuing the young, sweet, male dog, that is probably only a year old. Then Tony put a leash on the happy pup then he put him inside Kermit with him and they took off for the our rescue ranch. 

Five minutes later, when Tony returned back at the Lodge, Chet invited us to come listen to his latest song that he had just written last night and already recorded. After we heard his incredibly, beautiful song, everyone could not quit talking about how much they loved his song. Then Carol said, "Chet, I really love your music and every song on your CD, Game Bird..."

"Chet is really talented," Kinky said. "I have ADD and when I listened to his song this morning, I made him replay it for me, two more times. And that is really saying something for me to do that."

"It sure is," I added.

This afternoon, I went outside to take a picture of our newly rescued resident with Tony's help. It only took me about ten minutes to finally get a good shot of the dog, who was now starting to steal my heart. Then I returned to The Cabin, so I could think of a name for him, so I could send it to Pat, our fabulous web master, to post on utopiarescue.com.

Thirty minutes elapsed before I finally came up with his name. Everybody please meet Starsky!


Starsky is a really neat dog. He is medium-sized, about thirty-five pounds and he loves to give away kisses, so if any of y'all know of someone named Hutch or who wants a partner, please call me at the rescue ranch. 

Late this afternoon Carol called me. While we were laughing and talking about our great day, I told her about making a healthy fruit dessert for Tony and me, made with thawed frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries, one banana and a delicious Cutie orange. "This afternoon while I was outside I forgot to put the lid back on top of our garbage can and when I came back inside I saw a large black stain on the floor with the empty blueberry sack right next to it. Roy did it, again." Carol started laughing. "I wiped up the blueberry juice using bleach wipes, but it didn't help much. Now, it is a light navy blue color, right next to our breakfast bar. I don't know what to do."

"I'll get online and check out Heloise to see if she has any tips," Carol replied, before laughing, again.

"Tips for Roy?" I asked. "Or tips to remove the stain?" Then we started laughing.

"Nancy, take a picture of it and post it on your blog tonight," Carol suggested. Then we visited for a few more minutes. After we adios-ed each other, I pulled the blueberry sack out of the trash can and placed it where Roy had left it earlier, then I took this picture of our new blue stain, that now decorates our kitchen's wooden floor, to document Roy's criminal activity.




Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will have to sand the spot out. it may have gone deep enough to be permanent. history marks of a great day:)

Anonymous said...

it is time for one of your hand painted floor rugs:)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon. I'm afraid that a small 12 inch X 12 inch hand painted rug, on the floor, would look like another placemat that Roy dragged off of the kitchen table, but thanks for the tip. I do have my own sander and I can do that, but then I would have to re-sand the entire kitchen and big room floors, so it would all match. The only problem with that is I don't have the time to do it. If you come up with any more ideas, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

ok, so a big hand painted floor rug:)

cousin nancy said...

I am thinking about your suggestion, but it the bleach wipes don't get it done, I will ask Tony to unscrew the long board and chop it where the stain is and we can replace it with an unstained piece.