Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Packed And Ready To Go!

The last two days have been great and extremely busy. Because it is already 6:30 and I am pooped, I am only going to tell y'all about today's happenings. But I must say that we had a total blast yesterday, when we met our friends: Denise & Les, Kris & Jim and Debbie for lunch, at the famous Camp Verde Store, which is one of the coolest places in the Texas Hill Country to eat. Shelly was our fabulous waitress and she kept all of us laughing, so if you go there, please ask for Shelly.

Last night when I went to bed, I already knew that today was going to be great, but a little hectic, so this morning when I woke up early to do Big G's radio show, I took two baby Aspirins, instead of one like I usually do. Then I drank a delicious cup of Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee, so I could think and make a plan for our day.

This morning after breakfast, Tony and I went outside to do our chores and while we were feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens, Paul, our rescue ranch's very first volunteer since 1999, arrived with a truck load of free dog food for our dogs. While Tony helped Paul unload his pickup, I finished up our chores.

For lunch, while I washed and dried clothes, I cooked up Tony's and my favorite new shrimp recipe, that I saw on TV and it was healthy, delicious and so easy to make. I'll post that recipe in another post, but not tonight.

After lunch, while my second load of laundry was drying and my third load was washing, I returned several phone calls and e-mails and then I went over to the Lodge to buy Chet O'Keefe's CD, Game Bird. After a fun visit with Chet I came back home, burned his CD and synced it to my iPod, so I could listen to it. Needless to say, "I love his CD."

At 3:14, my friend Kim called to tell me that she was on her way with the two yellow Lab pups, that we had already found a home for, so Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and took off, because we were going to meet her on the road, between Utopia and Medina, so we could pick up the male and female Lab puppies from her. I took this picture of the precious pups right after Kim and Tony had unloaded them, before they put them in our crate.


After a short visit with Kim, we adios-ed each other and took off to go meet Jennifer, in Kerrville, because she was adopting the cute litter mates. When we arrived at the Mini-Mart, we waited five minutes before Jennifer and her sweet son showed up, so during the wait time we leashed up the puppies and took them out of their crate, so we could clean them up, because one of them had gotten carsick. And I want to thank the sweet people at the Mini-Mart, near Upper Turtle Creek, for loaning us some paper towels.


When Jennifer and her son arrived they immediately fell in love with the puppies and they could not wait to pick them up, so they could kiss and hug them.


We visited with them for about ten minutes, before they drove off to take the lucky Labs to their new forever home. On my way back to Buttermilk, a nice woman pulled up in a giant pickup and asked me if we had any puppies, because her little dog had recently died from old age. I stood out in the parking lot for ten minutes telling her all about Walter Matthau and Ginger Rogers and her five adorable puppies and by the time our conversation ended, she told me that she wants one of the pups, when they are ready to leave Ginger. On our way home we stopped by to see Carol and we had a short visit with her, Scout and Jake. 

On our way home, I said, "I'm glat that it only took us two hours to rescue and get those pups into a great home. I love it, but I am tired."

As soon as Tony walked inside The Cabin, to call it a day—the phone rang. It was Karon, across the highway, at the Medina Children's Home calling, so I picked up the phone. She was calling to see if it would be okay for Chris and Kyle to come over, so they could pick up and take Sandy Wolfmueller to her fabulous forever home. My answer was, "Yes!" 

Then Tony and I went outside, so Tony could go open our gate and I could stay and talk to Sandy about how lucky she was and to also thank her for being a great dog during her short stay, at our rescue ranch. I know she understood by the look in her eyes, so I took this picture of her before Kermit and Tony returned.


Before Chris and Kyle arrived, Tony and I spent ten minutes playing ball with Sandy Wolfmueller and she totally loved it. When I took this picture of her, I laughed and said, "She's packed and ready to go."


We had a short visit with Chris and his son, while Kyle leashed Sandy up, so they could take her home and she was more than thrilled to adios us, once and for all.

When Tony and I came inside, to call it a day—the phone rang, again. It was Kinky calling me from Hawaii. "Nance, I am back in Hawaii, so we can talk daily again. The Australia tour was fantastic and everyone over there loves you and Tony and our rescue ranch. How are The Friedmans?...." After a fun visit with Kink and getting caught up with each others news, we adios-ed each other. Then I threw the third load of laundry into the dryer and started writing this.

Today has been fun and exciting for me, but now I must end this post, because it is nearly 7:54 and I am so tired right now, I think I will just go to bed, as soon as I put our cleaned sheets, blanket and chewed up quilt, filled with Beau's holes, back on our bed. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: