Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Dinners!

Today has been great and so was yesterday. Yesterday, after running several errands in Kerrville, we went to the H-E-B grocery store, on Main Street, so we could buy our rescue dog's Christmas dinner, which was paid for by our great volunteers: June, Ellen, Eileen, Jim, Kris & Jim, "The Mineral Man."

Earlier in the week, they had given me a check for $180.00 to pay for our dog's Christmas dinner and even though we forgot to buy the five dozen dinner rolls, when the cheerful cashier told me the amount, I chuckled, because the dog's holiday dinner cost $179.17. Here's the receipt.


Today we went to Kerrville to do some banking, mail out some thank you letters and my books and then we went to the same H-E-B store to buy groceries for Tony's and my Christmas dinner and it wasn't near as expensive as our dog's dinner, because I used some H-E-B coupons. And, we bought the 5 dozen dinner rolls for our dogs, as our small contribution for their dinner. Then Trigger took us home.

Around 3:40, Mama, my dear old Great Pyrenees, barked twice and then she ran and opened our front door (Because she knows how to open doors and gates.) and went outside. Then Tony walked down our hallway and said, "Did you order something? FedEx is here and then he went outside to meet their friendly driver. Then I went outside to watch.

After the driver had given Tony the box he drove away. When I saw Tony smiling as he approached me, carrying a box with intentional air holes, he said, "Karen and Terry have sent us some more  of those delicious pears!

They weren't just regular old pears, they were Harry & David Brand Royal Riviera Pears, which are considered to be the best pears, grown in Oregon, USA! They are remarkably sweet and juicy pears and can be traced back to 19th century France. They were brought to Oregon's Rogue Valley in 1897, where the climate provided ideal growing conditions. So, tonight before I end tonight's post I want to thank Karen and Terry for sending us those mouth-watering pears. I'm going to go eat one now.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: