Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mineral Man Gets Blown Away By Lassie!

Today has been great. This afternoon, newcomers to Kerrville, Jim and his wife Kris, came out to see our rescue ranch, because they have been supporting us for many years and Tony and I had a blast with them.

After we had met Kris and Jim, we invited them to come into my writing cabin, so we could visit. In no time flat, Tony and I knew that we wanted this fun, interesting couple to be our newest friends. While we were laughing and getting to know each other, Tony had to leave my pretty, pink cabin, for a minute, so he could get Maya, Shalom and the donkeys out of the rescue ranch, because they were making our dogs bark.

When T. returned to the cabin, we decided to go outside to The Okay Corral, so Tony could show them Tony's No Whiner Diner and they loved his chuck box and thought it was pretty cool. While we talked about birds, gardening, etc. Tony picked some of his hot peppers and gave them to our new friends. Then we invited them to come up to the trailer, so we could show it off.

But, before we took them inside The Cabin, we went into Outer Space and had a short, but fun visit with them and then we came inside The Cabin, where Mama immediately greeted them and then pestered them to continue to pet her.

After we had shown our new friends our thirty-year-old trailer and had discovered that we had many more things in common with them, I noticed Jim starring at my new blower fan, that had arrived yesterday. "Y'all this is the coolest thing," I said, enthusiastically. "I got it yesterday and Tony and I just love it!"

"I'm going to get one for my office," Tony added.

"My brother Ronnie told me about it the other day. He had just discovered them and after he had bought one for their home and saw the amazing results, he immediately purchased two more of them, that go to work with him every day, to help keep his crew cooled. It's not an air conditioner, it's a high powered blower fan made by Lasko and they only cost $59.00!

"How does it cool you off if it is just a fan?" Jim asked.

"It pulls the cooler air from floor level, which is always about 6 to 10 degrees cooler than up here. Heat rises." I explained. "Our dogs love it, too and when I first turned it on yesterday, it was about 15 feet away from the refrigerator and it blew my, "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnets off! Which I immediately knew was a sign. Here, let me show you. Y'all aren't going to believe it. I promise. Now take note, that it is pretty warm in here. Now get ready, Jim." Then I pointed the little Lasko at him and turned it on and blew him away.

"Oh, my god!" Jim said, in disbelief, as my "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnets flew off of the fridge, again and fell to the floor. "It is absolutely amazing how the temperature just dropped ten degrees," Jim said. "We're getting one of these, as soon as we leave here. Kris come over here and see. You're not going to believe this. We could use this out on our deck and inside..."

After amazing Kris, with my brand new, cooler-than-cool machine, I said, "It's a Lasko and the model number is 4900. When I told Sandy and Jon about it last night—they bought one, too..." After my long winded discussion and live-air-demonstration, we went outside and gave them a tour of the rescue ranch, so they could meet all of our super dogs.

When it was time for our new found friends to leave, Jim was telling us a very funny story about his cousin, "He likes to call me Mineral Man. Do y'all know what Mineral Man means?" Tony and I shook our heads sideways. "Silver hair, gold in your teeth and lead in your britches." Tony and I burst out laughing. A few minutes later, after handshakes and hugs, we adios-ed each other and then they took off for Kerrtown.

Before I finish writing tonight, I just took this picture of Roy Rogers relaxing and enjoying my Lasko 4900, which I still haven't named yet. No wait. I've just named it Lassie! Lassie, cool home!


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: