Saturday, August 11, 2012

Red And Merle!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony and I did our morning chores, I took a shower and then went over to visit with Kinky and his famous friend Ted Mann. Ted also recently wrote the mini-series, The Hatfields & McCoys, starring Kevin Costner.

Kinky introduced me to Ted about 14 years ago and I really enjoyed seeing him this morning and I am really looking forward to tomorrow, because he is going to come over in the morning, to take a tour and visit some more. I can't wait to give him The Grand Tour, which will include: meeting our rescued dogs and showing him my pink writing cabin, The Okay Corral, Tony's No Whiner Diner, The Cabin and Outer Space.

While I was over at the Lodge visiting, the two strays, that were rescued by a nice woman, in San Antonio, arrived. When I returned home and found out that the two dogs had arrived, I looked over their paperwork and shot records and then I grabbed my camera and went back outside, so I could go meet our two latest rescues, so I could name them and take their pictures.

When I went inside Lulu's pen to meet her newest roommate, this friendly, adorable, 4 year old, 33 pound, red-colored dog greeted me and licked my hand and then stole my heart. So, I named this great medium-sized dog Red Skelton, because he had me grinning.


After I took this picture of Red, I jumped into Kermit to go meet the other 4 year old, black and white Basenji mix and like Red—he also stole my heart, so I named him Merle Haggard, because everyone loves The Hagg. Merle is a very sweet, calm, good-looking dog and he only weighs 30 pounds. Here's Merle!


And that's about it for tonight, because late this afternoon I watched a PBS special about the late Bob Ross, who did PBS's popular show, The Joy of Painting and it so inspired me, I am fixin' to do a one-hour-or-less oil faster-piece painting of Roy Rogers, my four-legged soul mate and constant companion. So, please wish me luck with my painting and if you know anyone who might be interested in adopting Red and Merle—ask them to check out their pictures, because they are two super-cool dogs.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Red reminds me of Wee Lassie (your Kia!), same bat ears LOL. I will email new pics, both Kris & her are having a great summer!
Best to you & Tony & Kinky!
Tail wags,
Fay & Family xo

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Tony, Kinky, Ben and I would love to see some pictures of Kris Kristofferson and Kia. Thank you and your family for adopting them from us and giving them a great home.