Saturday, August 18, 2012

Come On Rain!

Today has been okay. Tony's foot is still hurting and thanks to Mari's pink sheepskin, my back is fine, knock-on-wood and unfortunately, we had no visitors today come out to take a tour or adopt a dog. So there really isn't much to talk about tonight, except for the weather.

Since 2:00 today, the sky has looked like we were fixin' to get a good rain any minute, but so far nothing, not even one drop. I took this picture around 4:00, when I had to go close our gate, to keep the horses and donkeys from coming in and upsetting our dogs.


So, early this evening, after Carol V., our dear friend, down the road, came over and did another fun happy hour with us, I decided to make a new iTunes play list using only the "rain" songs that I have, in hopes that it will some how help make it rain here tonight. 

Some of my favorite "rain songs" that I chose and am now listening to are: Willie Nelson's Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain, two different artists singing their versions of, Somewhere Over the Rainbow sung by Ray Charles and the other by Israel Kamakawiwo, Rainy Day Women by Bob Dylan, Raining Here In Austin by Jim Keaveny, Jerry Jeff's Hill Country Rain, James Taylor singing Fire & Rain and then James and Carole King singing her song, that she wrote, Fire and Rain, Come Rain or Come Shine by old blue eyes, Frank Sinatra, Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence, Raindrops Keep Falling On My Face by Burt Bacharach, Mandolin Rain by Hornsby, Just A Little Bit Of Rain by Feliciano, etc. and as I finish writing this tonight—it still hasn't rained out here, but I've truly enjoyed listening to the music. So, come on RAIN! Good night and sleep tight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: