Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thank You, Marguerite!

Today has been a great day and it started out real early. This morning, at 6:15, Tony and I were outside, before sunup, feeding the dogs, deer and pigs, because he had to be in Kerrville, at 8:00, for his second Texas Master Naturalist class.

At 7:23, T. waved goodbye to me, jumped into Buttermilk, with his notebooks, etc. and took off for Kerrville and I came back inside The Cabin to drink one more cup of coffee, before going back outside to clean the dog pens and that turned out to be a little exciting, because I accidentally let Tuesday Weld and Annie Oakley out of their pens.

Tuesday, was the first to get out, but fortunately, all I had to do was call her name and she came running back inside her pen. Annie though, was a different story. While I was in the alley trying to persuade George Clooney into going back inside his and Annie's pen, because we separate them when we feed them, Annie saw her chance and she took off, before I even realized what had happened.

As the dogs barked in unison, to let me know that "Annie had left the building," Annie raced from one end of the ranch to the other as I race-walked behind her, calling out her name. On the third go around, Annie decided to stop and go down the alley to chat with Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Chad & Jeremy and that is where I finally caught her, because the gate at the end of the alley was closed. And all I have to say about it is, "Jackie O didn't like being disturbed."

Late this afternoon, after Tony had returned from his TMN class, that he really enjoyed, we took off for Kerrville to run some important errands. After we had taken care of the important errands, we went to Wolfmueller's Books, so Tone could pick up the beautiful Dragonfly poster, that our friend Marguerite, the woman who had adopted Enzo, the German Shepherd from us, had left for him, to prove that there really are pink dragonflies and to help him identify the dragonflies, that he captures with his cameras.

As T. admired his beautiful dragonfly poster, that had awesome pictures and the names of each dragonfly, Sandy, Jon and I talked about how thoughtful Marguerite was to give him the poster, that she had saved, after the Wild Birds Unlimited Dragonfly seminar, held a few weeks ago. "The next time that y'all see Marguerite, at Wild Birds Unlimited, please tell her that I said, "Thank you very much," Tony said. "I am going to get this framed."

Before we left Sandy's and Jon's popular bookstore, to come back home, they told us that Mari had come by earlier and she asked them to please tell us, "Hi." So Mari, if you are reading this, "Hi! We are sorry that we missed seeing you and let's do lunch sooner than later, but not until I drop a some more pounds."

When we got back home, I took a nap with our dogs and I actually did sleep, for forty-five minutes and then after that I walked four more miles with Leslie Sansone, so now I am pooped. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

I read it and agree about lunch. I have to lose some weight too and SOON. Maybe we can meet over a weight-loss type salad while Tony is munching something more substantial? After all he usually doesn't get to use the mouth God gave him for much more than eating and drinking whenever we meet for lunch - mainly because we 'girlfriends' seem to do all the conversing and he can't get a word in edgewise!

Your schedule is busier than my boring life's is, so just say when. Where might be Rails or Rio Ranch - both have great salads (and real food for Tony)! Your call - I'll treat! Just email me and we'll all 'do lunch' - me and you talkin' and Tony eatin'!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! You're right about us girlfriends doing all of the talking and Tony never getting a word in. My calendar for September is full or should I say over full, so let's do lunch in October. By then I should have hopefully shed a few more pounds and it won't be so hot. See you soon.