Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Straight Line!

Since I last wrote a post I had walked over 13,000 steps and yesterday and today I've walked just a little over 7,000 steps each day and not reaching my daily goal of 10,000 steps.

Now, you might be asking why the sudden decrease in steps and I have only two good reasons for it:

1. I overdid it and my feet were sore as were my arms and legs. Because I was pumping iron while I was walking and using my pretty, 1 lb. purple hand weights.

2. Tony and I took advantage of the beautiful spring-like weather, before the cold front arrives tonight—working on my writing cabin.

And I am proud to announce that I love what all we have accomplished.

First let me say that yesterday was a great day, besides me being a tenderfoot and walking softly. And even though I was walking softly I was carrying a lot of big sticks. 1'X4's to be exact and half sheets of bead board and long sheets of tin, with Tony's help, of course.

As we listened to some of my favorite music outside, we worked hard. We cut tin, hammered, cut wood, etc.

We put up the wainscot on all four walls first. Then we put the tin up on the back wall. And all of this was a little bit tricky for us, because neither one of us are great at cutting a straight line using a jigsaw or our electric tin snips. We're talking a little bit jagged edges with a few unintended major gaps.

But I was okay with the way it looked or at least that is what I told Tony, before we called it a day and put up our tools.

After we ate dinner, I could not quit thinking about how to repair or disguise our wood and metal mistakes and it nearly drove me crazy. And that is why I didn't write anything last night, because my mind was elsewhere.

So, after deciding not to write and to put an end to worrying about our building blunders, I checked out, HEAL, this new documentary on Netflix. And I am so glad that I did, because it was so awesome and exactly "what the doctor ordered." Please click here to see the HEAL trailer, on YouTube, but you might have to skip the 4 second ad.

Anyway, I LOVE this documentary so much and I highly recommend watching it. In fact, Tony has agreed to watch it with me this weekend, while it is too cold for us to work outside.

Today has been great too, because last night, in bed, just before I started receiving my beauty sleep, I figured out a way to cover up our mistakes and those unsightly gaps.

So this afternoon, after we had worked next door, at Escondida, we ate lunch and then we got back to work on my writing cabin/guesthouse.

We went with my fixer-upper idea, so we did some painting and staining and then we chopped a lot of sticks of wood and used our nail guns. And now my cabin is looking even cooler than I ever could have imagined it would. Thank goodness for mistakes.

So even though my writing cabin now looks flawless—that beauty sleep that I received last night is nonexistent, but at least my feet aren't sore anymore.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

You and Tony have been so busy, Nancy! Your writing cabin sounds wonderful and hope to bring Ian to see it.
Have a great weekend, it's wonderful to read your blogs and see you smiling again!
Tail wags,
Fay & Clan Maclachlan

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! It is good to hear from you. I love how the writing cabin is turning out and I would love for y'all to come see it. It does not have plumbing unfortunately, but maybe when y'all come down, we will have the "bath house" in working order and y'all could stay with us. Stay warm in Toronto and keep on laughing!