Monday, February 4, 2019

248!

Today has been great and it was sort of boring. So the most exciting thing for me today is I walked and walked and walked around The Cabin, because I was determined to hit my daily goal of 10,000 steps.

In between my walking around and around and around which semi-freaked out our dogs, because they all wanted me to sit down, so they could get on my lap or lay down beside my chair and rest, I decided to check out this website that Carol had sent to me a few weeks ago, because it is one of her favorite websites.

So, I went to the NutritionFacts.org Introduction page and quickly found myself watching Dr. Greger's informative, 2 -5 minute captivating videos about the many health benefits from eating a healthy diet. And he had the scientific facts to back him up and he was not trying to sell a single product.

I was instantly hooked, so I signed myself up to use this free website that only exists exclusively on donations, because it is a not for profit 501(c)(3) which means to use this site for health information is totally free to the Public.

There are no adds to buy something, no commercials, because it is a Public Service for Evidence Based Nutrition. And I loved this site so much I then I downloaded the NutritionFacts.org Apps to both my iPhone and iPad.

Then I started walking/pacing/strolling around The Cabin again, as I continued to listen to Dr. Greger's health videos. Bottom   Line: I LOVE Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org! "Thank you, Carol!"

And I do hope that you will at least check this site out, at least the Introduction page and watch his short, 2 minute videos explaining who Dr. Greger is and why he has chosen to do this Public Service for free—with no strings attached.

Late this afternoon, I finally decided to quit walking and rest, so I could check my Apple Health-Pacer Pedometer Step Tracker App to see what my walking results were. And I am thrilled to say that by 4:46, I had completed my daily goal and then some, of walking at least 10,000 steps per day.

Seriously, I walked 11,069 steps, burned-off 248 calories, covered over 3.7 miles, inside The Cabin, within 1h 49m of total active time.


And as I finish writing this post tonight I am totally excited about making some healthier lifestyle changes by incorporating Dr. Greger's NutritionFacts.org information and using my Apple Health-Pacer Pedometer Step Tracker App.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy, here is a memory from Fort Worth's past. I hope this link comes through. https://www.facebook.com/stuart.mitchell.503/videos/10216221380385676/
Susan G from Fort Worth

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cousin Susie! I just watched it and it flooded me with great memories. I loved Slam Bang Theatre! Thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

If anyone is need of a pick up than Slam Bang Theater and Icky Twerp was and still is a cure. He hit him with the pan of hot choc then poured,

Anonymous said...

One more and I almost promise to stop. Try getting up to this each morning...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee7wo9vghSQ