Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

Today has been great and I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! It would not take much to make this a happier New Year than last year was for me. And I am not complaining, because 2019 is going to be a great year for all of us.

Of course, seeing is believing it will be a happier New Year. And I already like 2019, because I am so very grateful for so many things. And I already have Little Debbie's care package to look forward to.

You see, a few weeks ago our dear friend Kent Perkins got on Facebook and he told Tony that he and his sweet wife, Ruth Buzzi, know and are good friends with the real Little Debbie that those tasty snacks are named after.

Anyway, Kent told Tony that they were talking to Little Debbie and they had told her about our rescue ranch and about Tony and I rescuing (our) Little Debbie. And their Little Debbie loved it. And our Little Debbie loved it, too. And this is a picture that I took of Little Debbie after we had rescued her and a year before we had to have her eye removed.


And this is a picture of the other Little Debbie and a painting of her that is used on those famous, delicious Little Debbie snacks.


When Kent & Ruthie came to visit us recently Kent told us that their friend Little Debbie and our Little Debbie had a few things in common, but I am not at liberty to disclose. 

Anyway Kent asked me to please send him some pictures of our Little Debbie so they could pass  them on to their famous friend. So I sent Kent the link to Longmire-Texas Style starring Little Debbie and a few pictures including these two along with the one that I took of our Little Debbie sitting with Ruthie & Kent on our couch—and Tony's feet.




After completing that task I Googled their Little Debbie and soon discovered that Debbie McKee-Fowler is the original Little Debbie and then I read this awesome, Huffington Post article; "Real-Life Little Debbie Is All Grown UP (And Doing Well!)." And it made me so proud that I had named our Little Debbie after this great woman. 

As I finish writing this post, on January 1, 2019, I am excited to tell y'all that a few days ago Kent told Tony that Little Debbie (McKee-Fowler) has told Ruthie & Kent that she is honored that we named our Little Debbie after her and that she is sending us a Little Debbie care package filled with Little Debbie snacks, a personal letter from her along with an autographed picture! And I believe that this is proof enough that 2019 is already a great year. Little Debbies Rule!

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cool is that - your Year is getting off to a super good start! HAPPY NEW YEAR from the 5 .. 3 humans and 2 fur babies.. of us and may this one be the best yet for us all.. Or.. for sure better than last year...

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Happy New Year! 2019 is going to be a great year for all of us!