Monday, July 7, 2014

Cousin Nancy's Top Picks!

Today has been great. But first, I want to catch y'all up a bit. Saturday afternoon Kinky called to invite Tony and me to eat lunch with him and Big G. After I told Kink that it sounded like fun and I'd meet him at the restaurant, in Kerrville. I told him that Tone couldn't go, because he had just left to go to his family reunion at his brother's ranch. Before we adios-ed each other we had decided to meet around 1:00.

Then I immediately called my dear friend, Carol, to invite her to join us for lunch. A few minutes later, as I was opening Carol's gate, because she was going to ride with me, Kinky honked Mr. Green Jeans' horn and waved at me, as he drove past me.

Lunch with Kinky, Carol and Big G was a lot of fun and filled with laughter. If Kinky wasn't cutting up and being funny, then Carol, Big G or I was. During our meal I decided to tell Big G all about my Earthing discovery and how cool it was and Tony and I building an Earthing Zone that we had filled with sand, while Kinky jokingly rolled his eyes, and smilingly said, "Nance, you need to quit telling people about this kind of stuff, because they are going to think that you are crazy." So when he had finished saying that I laughed and then continued to talk about the benefits of Earthing.

A little later on after Kinky had told us about a doctor and his wife that were coming out to the ranch, to to meet and visit with Kinky, later in the day, he said, "And Nance, I hope that you're going to be around, because they definitely want to see the rescue ranch and meet you and Tony."

His words opened the door, giving me the opportunity to tease him one more time, "Why sure, Kinky. I would love to meet them. And when you bring them over we can all play in the sandbox!" My kidding remark had caught everyone off guard. With Kinky laughing out loud and then saying, "That was a good one, Nance. You got me." Big G was roaring with laughter and then he almost choked on his food, while Carol just shook, in her chair, trying to keep water from coming out of her nose while laughing. It was totally hilarious.

Later on that day, I went over to the Lodge to meet Kinky's new friends and I instantly liked them, so while we were in Kink's kitchen, I started telling them about Earthing and guess what—they already knew all about it and they thought it was a great way to connect to the Earth. And this super nice doctor said, "It's one of the best ways to get grounded." And that got Kinky's attention.

Sunday was an especially great day for me, because our friend, Karon, called me Sunday morning to tell me that she had gone by Hoegemeyer's to check out the dog that we rescued last Wednesday. "Nancy, I spent thirty minutes playing with him and I want to adopt him. I love him and he has stolen my heart..." Which was great news, because we are over capacity out here and we need people to come out to adopt our super dogs.

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I met up with our great once-a-month-lunch friends, at Bella Vita. It was a lot of fun, like it always is and the food was delicious. And after we had adios-ed our friends, except for Kris & Jim, they asked us to come over to Kris' truck, where they gave us two, beautiful, copper, engraved, guitar picks, made in New Mexico. I love them because they both have the Native American bear symbol on them, along with several other symbols.

Here are before and after pictures of my top picks, before adding Kris' & Jim's two copper picks. Thank you, Kris & The Mineral Man.



This past week we have rescued two dogs, Walter aka Louie that Kinky adopted and the new dog that I have still not named, that will be going directly to Karon's home tomorrow. I am thrilled that we had two rescues and two adoptions! And that's about it for tonight, because Tony and I fixin' to go outside to ground ourselves, again.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: