Sunday, July 20, 2014

Recipes!

Saturday and today have been great. Yesterday afternoon, Carol and Bill came over for a very fun visit. While we were visiting we started talking about our love for kitchen gadgets and some of our favorite cookbooks and we all agreed that we loved the recipes found in Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks and Grady Spears and Robb Walsh's A Cowboy in the Kitchen: Recipes from Reata and Texas West of the Pecos cookbooks.

When I told them that, last week, I had cooked five, different, delicious recipes found in Grady's and Robb's cookbook, Tony spoke up and said, "The recipes were really tasty, but Nancy cooked two different soup recipes, two days in a row. I like soup, but I like something in it, that you can chew." And Bill quickly agreed with him.

Then Carol laughed and said, "Tony, you mean that you want something to eat that makes you have to put your dentures in." And that made me laugh so hard—my dentures almost fell out of my mouth.

After we had quit laughing I went back to the bathroom, to add some Poligrip. And when I returned to the big room, I picked up my copy of Cowboys & Indians August/September 2014  magazine and told them about wanting to try Lisa Fain's recipe that I had found in the magazine which I bet is included in her new cookbook The Homesick Texan Family Table. Click here if you want to see the the recipe.

Before we adios-ed each other, Carol invited me to go with her to The Apple Store, at La Cantera, in San Antonio today. When I heard her say San Antonio, I said, "Let me think about it. Tony and I have been to that Apple Store several times and I know that I will instantly fall in love and want to buy their latest products—that I can't afford. Let me call you in the morning."

This morning when I called Carol, I felt a lot better after telling her, "I can't go with you, Carol. Tony and I have to go to Kerrville today to get groceries and the ingredients needed for that recipe, in Cowboys & Indians, because I am want to cook it for our lunch...."

This afternoon after going to the big H-E-B, on Main Street, I cooked Lisa Fain's Tuna With Avocado and Red Pepper Baked in Parchment recipe. It was very easy to make and Tony and I loved her delicious recipe. And now I'm so glad that I didn't go to San Antone, because Tony and I now have a new, favorite recipe.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: