Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crazy, Old Lady! or Tony Got Gas!

This evening when my dear friends, Sandy & Jon Wolfmueller, called me and asked me how my day had been, I laughed and said, "Today has been a weird one...."

Today was great until Tony and I took off for Kerrville, in Trigger and Buttermilk. The reason we left in both vehicles was because we needed to drop Buttermilk off, at The Alignment Shop, to get her realigned.

After we dropped her off, halfway between here and Kerrville, we jumped inside Trigger and took off, again, for Kerrville, so I could pick up some glass that I had ordered, earlier this morning, at Thad Zeigler Glass, so I could replace a broken window pane, in The Spaceship. And on our way there, I laughed out loud and said, "You know The Alignment Shop would be a great name for a chiropractor clinic...."

When we arrived at Thad Ziegler Glass, Tony parked Trigger and said, "I'll wait for you in the truck." Which wasn't a good decision. When I walked inside the glass store, I was immediately greeted by the friendly employees, who were all wearing smiles on their faces.

When I told the sweet, young woman that I was there to pick up my order, she handed me my invoice and took off to go get my glass. As I was finishing up writing my check, that was under $8.00, she returned and said, "Here's your glass," as she laid it down on the counter.

When I handed her my check, I guess my purse hit something, because suddenly we heard the loud sound of glass breaking right next to me. I was so startled by it, I said, "I'm so sorry. What did I break?"  The nice people at the counter just smiled at me and told me it was alright. So, I turned around and asked a friendly-looking old man, about my age, sitting in a chair, "Do you know what I broke?"

"Glass," he mumbled, because I guess he had forgotten to put his dentures in. Then it dawned on me that I had broken my glass—not theirs. That made me feel relieved, but I was still embarrassed. The kind woman said, "Don't worry about it, it will only take us a few minutes to cut you another piece of glass, since y'all live in Medina.

"Oh my goodness, I feel like such a fool. I will gladly pay again for the new piece of glass. It is no problem." She smiled and then left the lobby, as two smiling young men came into the lobby with a shovel and broom to sweep up my shattered glass.

Three minutes later, the woman returned and said, "Here's your glass, ma'am and there is no extra cost." I thanked her and the men for being so nice to me and then I left the building, with glass in hand.

As I was carefully putting my glass in the backseat, Tony asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I love Thad Ziegler Glass. They are the best." And I told him the story of me breaking my glass, as we drove to H-E-B to get gas and pick up a few groceries. Before he dropped me off, at the front door, I told him, "If we ever have to get glass again, would you please go in with me, because I'll bet you that those nice folks, at Thad Ziegler Glass, probably think I am one crazy, old lady."

After Tony got gas and I got our groceries, we picked up Buttermilk and came back home. When I walked inside The Cabin I was shocked, for the second time today, because Tony's dog Beau Bridges had torn off the cover to my new Cowboys & Indians magazine and shredded pieces of the magazine covered the floor. And then I discovered that wasn't all. Beau had put teeth marks and chewed on our coffee table's corners, too! But actually, I wasn't mad at Beau, because it was our fault for not crating him and fixing the coffee table would be easy to do.

I took these pictures in sequence of Beau's destruction and lousy carpentry work.







This is what it says on Beau's sign:

I WAS A COWBOY CARPENTER
UNTIL TODAY, BECAUSE I RIPPED OFF THE
COVER OF A COWBOY & INDIANS
MAGAZINE & SHREDDED IT. AND I ROUNDED
OFF THE COFFEE TABLE'S CORNERS.
THIS IS NOT THE COWBOY WAY.
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.
I AM VERY SORRY NANCY.

LOVE,

"BEAU-BEAU" BRIDGES
(TONY'S DOG)

My sander.

Please note that Beau or Belle, both Tony dogs, chewed off the screwdriver handle.

The refinished coffee table

Repairing Beau's damage only took me about twenty minutes to accomplish and our coffee table looks great, once again. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: