Friday, November 9, 2012

Whiskers!

Today has been great, but tonight, thanks to MIR (Mercury in Retrograde) it ain't been so hot, in fact I am fuming about it.

This morning our great friends aka volunteers came out to walk our dogs, but because it was pretty windy and my eyes are a light pink color, I went outside for a minute to discuss my novella with Lisa and we agreed that I should wait until after November 27th to publish it because of MIR and after I talked to my friends, I went back to The Cabin and stayed inside until we went to lunch with them at Koyote Ranch's Koyote Kafe.

Tony and I had a total blast and we laughed so much, I was concerned that Koyote's super friendly staff might ask us to eat lunch somewhere else next time. When we heard the hilarious story about a squirrel named Whiskers—it nearly threw my aching back out, because I could not quit laughing about it and I am still laughing about it, as I sit on my pretty pink sheepskin, that my dear friend Mari gave to me. "Thank you, Mari. It's working and my back is already feeling much better."

When we came back home I called Ben to get his advice about publishing my novella during MIR and he strongly advised that I wait too, which I am glad about, because MIR is having a strong effect on me and my electronics.

On November 5th, my small 32" television, which I love, quit showing a picture and all I could do was listen to the news and Frazier and Coach reruns. Then this evening at exactly 5:43, while I was listening to my iPod, I got up to check on who the singer was and when I gently touched the control wheel I was shocked at what I saw on the screen, so I half-hollered, "Tony! Please come here and look at this! Dang-it MIR is now messing with my iPod."

Tony didn't exactly come running down the hallway, but when he finally walked into the big room and looked at my iPod he gasped and said, "I don't know what the @#*^ that is?"

"It's MIR," I declared, as I turned it off and then turned it on again, hoping it was just a glitch, but when the iPod lit up—there it was again. "Great, now I have to buy a new 32" television and a new 80 Gig iPod," I moaned. "There's not many things that I hate, but I sure hate MIR. Can you believe this? I am definitely not going to publish my novella now, because of all of this. It will have to come out the first week of December, because this is too dangerous. Look at that evil looking thing."

"I'm sorry, Nance."

"Not as sorry as I am." Here is a picture that I just took of my iPod a few minutes ago and it won't go away.


Thank goodness, I can still listen to my music and enjoy it and thanks to Kris and Jim who are loaning me a television to watch, until I purchase a new one and that is about it for tonight. When it rains—it pours thanks to MIR.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

You are smart to wait, Nancy, because MIR is particularly 'toxic' this time. Today we lost both of our DVD players at the same time! One will only play any DVD for a short time and then skips back to the start; another will not respond to the button or remote to 'open' the tray where we normally place the DVDs!

And I don't even want to get into the problem I had with the automatic driver side door lock on my minivan! It's repaired NOW, but for a while, it scared everyone within hearing range with its repeated rattles while attempting (unsuccessfully) to lock via the remote or just putting the transmission in gear!

When will MIR END so we can come up out of our Hobbit Hole refuges?

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! MIR is supposed to be really strong this time and I am sorry that it is playing havoc with y'all, too. It ends on November 26th, thank goodness. See y'all in the electronics section.