Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pecos Bill!

Today has been great. I spent most of the morning doing paperwork, while Tony and his brother Sam did the chores outside.

Late this afternoon, around 4:15 our friend Karon showed up with her son Dalton, to adopt Pecos Bill, because Karon fell in love with him when she first met him on October 24th and because she was in the process of moving to new home, that has a giant fenced backyard, she had asked us if we could hold on to him for a few weeks.

When Tony and I went outside to meet Karon and Dalton, I told the seven-month-old pup that today was his day to get adopted and when Dalton and Karon drove up to his pen he was extremely happy about leaving our rescue ranch and going to his new forever home.

After Dalton had put Karon's new pink dog collar and attached the new pink leash to the collar, Tony started teasing Karon about making Pecos Bill wear pink. "My other two dogs wear pink collars too," Karon stated. "I love pink."

Before Dalton loaded their dog into a crate, I tried to take a picture of Dalton and Pecos Bill, but because he, who they have already named Blue, was so excited about getting adopted, this was the best picture that I took, because Blue kept jumping up and down.


And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, our 7 adult cattle dogs are very happy for Pecos/Blue and I am very happy for his new adoptive family!

May everyone remember the tried and true saying: A TIRED cattle dog is a GOOD cattle dog!

Utopia Rescue has done it again - you all ROCK!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. We are thrilled for Pecos Bill too. I like the saying too.