Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jay Thomas!

Today has been a lot of fun. Late this morning our good friends Kris and Jim, "The Mineral Man," came out to loan me a television to watch until I purchase a new one on black Friday or sooner. "Thank you, Kris and Jim! It is on right now."

After Jim kindly set up their television for us we had a really fun visit filled with laughter. While we were laughing and taking turns telling funny stories, our dear friend Lisa and her family showed up, because they had come to Kerrville for a Girls Only—Moms and daughters weekend and Lisa wanted them to see the rescue ranch.

When they came inside The Cabin, after introductions I asked, "Okay, who is Lisa's mom, because y'all all look so young?" And I was shocked when Lisa's mom spoke up and said, "I am," because she has definitely found the Fountain of Youth and only her family knows where it is located.

After I had showed them my broken television and the spooky-looking thing on the screen on my iPod, that still plays my music, we had a short discussion about MIR being the worst it has ever been. Then Lisa took her beautiful family outside to hand out treats to our dogs, before going to Medina to eat lunch.

This afternoon, around 2:15, right when Tony and I were fixin' to eat the lunch that I had cooked, the dogs outside started barking, so Tone and I went outside, with Mama and Roy, because Roy has been known for helping himself to whatever food is left on the drainboard.

At 2:45 we officially adopted out Lucy to a lovely family, with darling twin girls and Lucy was thrilled about it, but her roommate Rocky seemed sad to see her go, so now we are going to focus on getting Rocky adopted. Here's a picture I took of the twins with their new best, forever friend. And I must admit that Lucy could not wait to jump into their minivan and go to her forever loving home, in Center Point and hopefully never see our rescue ranch again.


When we came back inside The Cabin, I went Online to Apple and purchased a new 160G Classic iPod and decided to get it engraved for free with these words, "Nancy Parker-Simons Loves Roy Rogers." Then Roy, Mama and I went to the bedroom and took a short sleepless nap, with me in between them.

Early this evening I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Brian, his tequila business partner and to show Kinky and him this hilarious Jay Thomas YouTube video about Jay actually meeting the Lone Ranger and giving him a ride and Kinky and Brian thought it was totally hilarious too.

Then I watched the last half of the exciting Texas A&M vs. Alabama game with them and we were thrilled that A&M won, because we love Texas A&M and their quarterback, Johnny Manziel graduated from Tivy High School, in Kerrville. Then I came home and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: