Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sally Field!

Yesterday and today have been great. Yesterday, after our wonderful volunteers had walked our dogs,  they went to their cars, trucks and SUVs to get the food that they had brought for our picnic at Tony's No Whiner Diner, in The Okay Corral.

While Tony and The Mineral Man cooked up the hamburgers, veggie burgers and sausage, June and Ellen showed us the darling pictures that Ellen and her had taken of some three-day-old, part-Chihuahua puppies with their mother, that Ellen had rescued from the pound in Kerrville. So, in seven to eight weeks, if you are wanting a sweet, small puppy or their mama, please call me at the rescue ranch, because they are precious.

Our picnic was really fun and it was filled with laughter, of course, because our volunteers like to have fun and yes, my back ached most of the day, because they made me laugh so much.

After Jim, June, Ellen, Eileen, Lisa and Kris & Jim "The Mineral Man" left to go home, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk, so we could go to H-E-B to get groceries and a 32" television set for the big room, because MIR broke it.

I bought the cheapest television they had that was on sale and all of the way home Tony and I talked about dreading to set it up, because we're not good at setting up electronics. And when we got home it only took us forty minutes to get it right! So, the reason that I didn't post on my blog last night was I watched Coach and Frazier reruns. Here's a picture of my television, that I took late this afternoon with Roy Rogers sleeping on the floor and Belle Starr-Simons dosing on the pillow.


This morning after we did our morning chores outside, our friend Karon, the nice woman who adopted Pecos Bill from us, called us about a stray dog that had wandered up and an hour later, she delivered the sweet, old female dog to us. We're not sure how old she really is, but we're guessing about eight-years-old. I named her Sally Field and she probably weighs about forty pounds and she is very sweet and great with children. Please meet Sally Field, who is another one of our fabulous dogs!


Around 11:30 Christina called me. "Hi, Nancy. I'm Christina &*^%^&#@ and you probably don't remember me. I adopted a dog from y'all a few years ago."

I interrupted her and said, "How is Betty White doing?" After she told me that Betty was doing fabulous she told me that she wanted to come out to adopt a great, large, male mutt from us which are the hardest to get adopted!  

"I like mutts," she said, "I want a junk yard dog to live the good life with Betty." After she made an appointment to come out next week we adios-ed each other. And Tony and I can't wait to see Christina and to say hello to Ms. White.

Around 12:30, our fabulous volunteer, Eileen, showed up with her friend Audrey, who was from out of town, spending the weekend with her. "I just wanted to show her the rescue ranch and meet y'all," Eileen said, as Tony and I smiled and stared at Audrey's precious, small black Llasa-Cocker.

After a short, but fun visit with them they drove off so Eileen could drive Audrey around the Hill Country. 

We ate a late lunch today, because neither one of us was very hungry and after lunch I began making the changes to my novella, that Eileen and Lisa had volunteered to proof read and edited for me. And, because I am so blind I had to use my big magnifying glass, that someone gave to me as a joke gift for my 60th birthday and it really helped. I took this picture of the first thirty-five now edited pages of my novella, because Eileen has the other fifty pages that she wanted to go over one more time.


Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

I had NO idea that HEB sold televisions! ;)

Say, tell Christina "HI" for me - she freaked me out this summer at the vet's office when she politely asked me "Are you a NoMad?" I had to look down and see if I was wearing a sign or ANY indication that I was a NoMad. (I wasn't, so I STILL don't know how she knew!)

But then she told me that she read your blog and that she had adopted Betty White (the NoMads' longtime favorite candidate for an agility prospect) and so I relaxed and, being that I'm old and forgetful, I forgot all about asking her how she could tell I was a NoMad!

So it's still and probably ever will be a mystery!

P.S. We've been to Wal-Mart to buy replacements for our MIR-destroyed DVD players, too. I'll bet the Recycle Center will be busy this coming Tuesday taking in Electronics. We'll be there with our 'discards' - if they're open during this holiday week.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. The NoMads are famous and so are you and your husband David. That is hilarious about Christine and you meeting at the vet's office. Small world.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, we are sending you guys a ham for Thanksgiving and wanted to let u know it should be there Wednesday Nov. 21. Anyways, the note only says from Terry as it cut our last name off the message. Hope u enjoy it! Your friends, Terry and Karen Cauthen

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karen and Terry. Y'all are so sweet and thank you so much for the ham. Clark Kent is doing fabulous, in case you wanted to know. Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving, tell Kent and Ruthie howdy for us and please come see us when y'all can.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have wondered about Clark Kent all of the time..if they ever have new pictures of him I would love to see him with his new forever family!!Have a great Thanksgiving!