Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Out Of Juice!

The last two days have been pretty uneventful at the rescue ranch, but today has been great, because I spent five hours yesterday evening and five hours today writing. I am really having fun with my writing, too, because I am using some of my friends names, for the characters.

In fact, yesterday, when my friend Vern called me, I asked him if he wanted to be in my fiction novella or novel and he said, "Yes, use my name. I would love to be in your book." And, when I sent Fourth an e-mail, asking if I could use his and Lynda's names for a couple of character—he was all for it too.

I have not yet decided, if I want this to be a novella, which is approximately 20,000 to 50,000 words or a novel, which is 50,000 to 110,000 words, because I can't wait to publish it.

It is my first fiction, mystery novel about my friend Carol and I, along with our horses, Rosebud and Maya and our dogs Roy Rogers and Scout, going on an adventure to New Mexico, to help a friend solve a mystery and it is pretty funny.

"Last night, I asked Tony to read the first 25 pages of it and to tell me what he thought about it and he told me that he loved it and to keep writing." And I hoped that he wasn't just being nice to me, because his power cord to his lap top broke four days ago and he has been having to borrow, my Apple power cord, to keep his lap top powered up until his replacement cord arrives, which has been driving both of crazy, because about every two hours, for the four past days, he'll borrow my power cord to power his up to last for a few hours, as my my lap top runs out of juice. Actually, it has been pretty funny.

This afternoon, while we were outside, his power cord was delivered and he was happier than I have ever seen him. So, now that Tony has his power back and he no longer needs my power cord to work on his computer, I am going to go ask him to please reread it again, because  I have done a lot of editing to it tonight. So, please wish me luck.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

I would like to be in your book, too; it would be great, crazy German Texas fan would be an interesting person in your book.....Can´t wait to read your book, Nancy!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin! You and Air Gun are already in it and y'all aren't going to believe what y'all do to make a living and I have the Wolfmuellers sponsoring you. And that's all that I am going to tell you. Writing fiction is so much fun.