Friday, September 21, 2012

Goldie Hawn And Jed Clampitt!

Today has been great. I surprised Tony this morning by feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens, before he returned home, from the Old Timer, and I did it, because it was so beautiful outside and I wanted to visit with the dogs.

Later this morning, right after June had arrived, I went outside to the barn and told Tony that he needed to go to Medina, to rescue a small dog, that our friend Sherry had just called me about. "Sherry told me that and the dog is real sweet and she has it with her, at work and..." So, Tony took off for Medina.

Then I visited with June and we talked about how excited we were about George Clooney and Annie Oakley getting adopted together and going to such a fabulous home. "Gail, told me that she is going to send me some pictures of Annie snoozing in Gail's lounge chair and I cannot wait to see them..." Then I grabbed my poop bucket and scoopers and took off to spot clean any pens that needed it and June grabbed two leashes, so she could go walk Layla and Little Girl.

Forty minutes later, Eileen showed up to walk dogs and then Tony arrived with the cutest, little female dog. And we're guessing that she is about one or two years old, but we will know more, after we take her to Hoegemeyers, on Monday, to get her shots, a checkup and spayed.

June, Eileen, Tony and I went to Koyote Kafe for lunch and I really enjoyed it. The food was good, but the company was better and we did a lot of laughing. And before we adios-ed each other, June came up with a great name for our new rescued dog—Goldie Hawn and here's a picture that I took of her when she arrived at the rescue ranch.


On our way home, we stopped to pick up our mail and I was thrilled when I saw that Gail had sent me a letter and included a few pictures. In Gail's fun-to-read letter, she wrote to tell me that she renamed George Clooney to George Washington and Annie Oakley to Abigail Adams and her dogs love their new digs. She wrote that Annie is definitely the boss, when it came to what furniture George could relax on and George has an aversion to throw rugs and keeps removing the rugs from the bathrooms and leaving them piled up, in the hallway, so she has to keep the doors closed. And she told me that Annie and George were a "piece of cake" to handle, compared to her last dog Buster, who lived to be twelve-years-old, who was a Boxer, Pit Bull and Akita mix and he weighed in at eighty-five pounds. And Gail's dearest wish is to get both of them Canine Behavior Certificates, so they can go to the VA hospital and visit the soldiers. Then she thanked us for letting her adopt George and Annie. And we can't thank Gail enough for adopting those two dogs and giving them a loving home. 

I saved the pictures for last and Tony and I absolutely love them. Here are two pictures that I scanned of Annie relaxing in her super forever home.



Around 2:30 this afternoon, I received an urgent phone call from a very nice man, about a stray that had shown up, in his trailer park, in Kerrville. He said, "The dog is real friendly, probably about six to seven-months-old and he's been running around in the trailer park for about six days and I am scared for him. I have an old, eighty pound dog and we live in a Airstream and she doesn't want anything to do with him. He is a hound dog and he looks like the dog in the Beverly Hillbillies and he just needs a break..."

"Sir, let me call you right back," I said. "We are at capacity out here and we just rescued a small dog this morning, but I want to talk to my husband about this. I'll call you back in just a few minutes." 

After we had adios-ed each other, I walked down the hall and told Tony about the dog and after a short conversation with him, I returned to the big room and called the man back. Then I called Susan, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, "Hi Susan, we have a dog coming in and a man will be bringing him to y'all. The man told me that the dog is a hound dog, so I'm naming him Jed Clampitt." That made Susan laugh. "Jed needs all of his shots, neutering, etc. and Monday we will be coming in with the cutest small dog, to get her taken care of and her name is Goldie Hawn..." 

Early this evening, I went over to the Lodge to show Gail's letter and pictures to Kinky and he really enjoyed reading Gail's letter and when I showed him the pictures he chuckled.

I can't wait until next Friday, so I can show Gail's letter and her pictures to the volunteers, because I know they will love it. And that is about it for tonight. I need to go write.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: