Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day! or Bernie!

I hope that everyone has had a great Labor Day Weekend. Last night before going to bed I declared, "I am taking Labor Day off tomorrow," and that turned out to be another one of my unintentional lies.

This morning when Tony returned home, after drinking coffee with his friends, at the Old Timer, he walked inside The Cabin and declared, "I've got to take Annie Oakley and George Clooney to Hoegemeyers right now. They got porcupined really bad last night."

"Is the pocupine okay?" I asked.

"You don't want to know."

"You'd better call the clinic, in case they are closed today." T. took my advice and punched in their phone number and talked to their answering service, because they were closed.

A few minutes later, Dr. Rydberg called Tony back and agreed to meet him at the clinic in forty minutes. Then we went outside. "I need to get crates and my heavy duty leather gloves, Nance. You take Kermit down to their pen, so you can help me crate them."

When Tony and Buttermilk met me at their pen, he put his gloves on, grabbed two slip-on leashes and then he went into their pen to get them. Even though they were covered in quills, they seemed happy to see Tony and they let him easily leash them up.

Once Tony, George and Annie were outside of their big pen, Tony handed me George's leash and said, "Be careful, Nance. Don't let him touch you with those quills. I'll load him up as soon as I get Annie into her crate.

When they were ready to take off for Kerrville, I told Tony, "I'll go ahead and start feeding and cleaning the dog pens. Drive careful."

A couple of hours later when Tony and Buttermilk arrived back at the rescue ranch I only had two more dog pens to clean and only four dogs left to feed, so Tony helped me finish up and then we went to The Cabin, so we could eat a late breakfast.

Because we couldn't pick up Annie and George until tomorrow afternoon and we're not into watching tennis on the television all day, I suggested that Tony watch the movie, Bernie, while I cleaned up the kitchen, because I had watched the movie last night and had totally loved it.

Well, Tony loved the movie as much as I did and we talked about what a great a performance Jack Black did, as I cooked us shrimp with fresh vegetables for our lunch and he loved that too.

After I had cleaned up the kitchen, Roy, Belle and I walked four fast miles with Leslie Sansone, in the big room and it was pretty funny to watch, because they kept following me around the big room and kitchen trying to get me to stop, so I could pet them.

When our fun, fast, four mile trek ended, I took a short, sleepless nap with all of our dogs and then I decided to play catch-up with some first-of-the-month paperwork and I am pleased, because as of this minute, I am totally caught up with all of my paperwork.

Even though I have worked most of the day, on Labor Day, I am glad that I did, because "Tomorrow, I am taking the whole day off, after I do my morning chores outside." And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: