Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's Right Here!

Today has been great. This morning, after Tony and his brother Sam did the morning chores outside, I went outside to tell them that this man, from Kerrville, was coming out to possibly adopt a dog. While we waited for Don to arrive, we walked around the rescue ranch searching for Tony's favorite pocketknife that he had lost three days ago, when he had laid it on Kermit's tailgate and forgot about it and then drove off.

When we gave up looking for it, we jumped into Kermit and went to Bob Dylan's pen, so they could repair a fence. After they had fixed the fence, Sam and I were standing next to Kermit and Tony was standing behind Kermit, when I said, "I wonder where your pocketknife is?"

"It's right here between my boots!" Tony said, as he bent down to pick it up. "I can't believe this!"

"You're kidding?" I asked, as he started laughing. Then he stood up and showed it to us and then he began cleaning off the dirt and the grass.

"When you asked where it was, I just looked down and there it was. How weird is that?"

"I love it," I said. "Do you realize that if you hadn't stopped Kermit exactly where you did, we might not have seen it. It could have been under Kermit or..."

We really enjoyed meeting Don, and showing him all of our dogs and before he left he told us, "I'll come adopt one of your dogs on Saturday, because I need to go home and get things ready for him, before I bring him home." And we can't wait to see which one he decides to adopt.

This afternoon, Tony and I went to the Melody Corner Music Center, in Kerrville, on Junction Highway, to see if Stan could install a built-in pickup jack, on my guitar, so it will make it faster and easier for me to just plug it, when I want to use my Genz-Benz amp.

When we walked inside Stan's music store, it was full of musicians, trying out his different amps, playing guitars and getting Stan's advice about their musical instruments and we had to wait for about five minutes, before it was my turn to talk to Stan and it didn't bother me at all, because I love being around people who can make music.

When Stan opened up my guitar case to look at my guitar, he smiled and said, "Oh yeah, now I remember this guitar, Cousin Nancy. It's awesome and your brother made it for you..." Five minutes later, we walked out of Stan's place empty handed, with smiles on our faces, because the soonest Stan can work on my guitar is Thursday and his low, "special Cousin Nancy discounted price" that he quoted me, to install the pickup, was music to my ears. Thank you, Stan! And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Tammom said...

Many thanks to you, Nancy and Tony! Blayre completed her Girl Scout Silver Award exit interview last night and was officially awarded her Silver Award! Just heard that a neighbor made treats for your doggies so they should be at the Old Timer in the next few days. THANK YOU for being an advisor, mentor and special friend to our daughter!!!

cousin nancy said...

We are so proud of Blayre for completing her Girl Scout Silver Award! Our dogs love her doggie treats and we just love Blayre, because she is one of the greatest people that we know. THANK YOU for raising your children right! Y'all should write a book on how to do it right.

Tammom said...

Awww, you're so sweet. It helps to have 'good stock' to work with - and we, like a lot of parents, believe in and love our children and make sure they hear both of those things often. Blayre's next goal is to SOMEDAY meet Kinky (and Blayre's dad wants a photo of he and Kinky having a Kinky cigar together). So next time he's in town and stays for more than a day or two and wants to meet a family of his admirers - please drop us a note! (btw - Blayre's little sister earned her Bronze award this summer, too, so you can expect both of the girls to be back in a couple of years to work with you on earning their next level of Girl Scout awards.)