Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Stormy Day!

Today has been a wonderful day. At 7:30 this morning I did my first radio segment, about our rescue ranch, with Big G on KERV FM and I had a lot of fun. Big G works at the same radio station that Harley works at, so now I will be talking on the radio twice a week, about our Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch with Big G on Tuesday mornings at 7:30 and then talk with Harley on Thursday mornings at 7:30.

This morning after we did our outside chores I plowed through some more paperwork and then around 11:30 while I was cooking our lunch the dogs started barking outside, so T. went to check it out.

Ten minutes later, Tone walks inside the trailer and says, "Stormy just got adopted and you need to prepare her adoption papers. The people are real nice and friends of Eileen's."

"This is great news, Tony! Eileen told me the other day, that she thought her friends might be interested in adopting Stormy, but they were out of town until Monday," I said, as I began preparing Stormy's adoption papers.

Five minutes later, Kermit took Tone and me down to Stormy's pen, so I could meet Eileen's friends and have them sign off on Stormy's adoption form. I was immediately impressed with them as they introduced themselves to me, because they had brought their cutest little mutt dog to meet Stormy and the two dogs were playing. "Ida and I want to adopt Stormy. She's a cutie. We love our animals and when we adopt a dog or cat—we keep them forever and we love and spoil them."

"Stormy is one lucky dog, to be going to your home and we have Eileen to thank for that. Thank y'all so much for coming out and adopting Stormy, because she wasn't a happy camper here, because she is a housedog and she doesn't do dirt. Y'all, this has really made my day great and we can't thank y'all enough or Eileen," I said, as Tony stood back and shot us.


After telling the sweet couple Stormy's story and how she ended up coming to us, we had a short, but fun visit with them, before they picked up their two happy dogs and put them inside their big, fancy Ford F-250 truck, the same kind that Carol drives and the one I drool for. Then we hugged each other and shook their hands and then we adios-ed each other.

As Kermit drove us back up to the trailer, so I could finish fixing our lunch, I said, "Tony, today, is Stormy Day! I am so happy for her and I can't wait to tell Kinky about it, because he's gonna love it. And I was right about him loving it. Thank you, Eileen, W.G. and Ida!

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some stormy weather.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

And I get to be off probation for this!

cousin nancy said...

Yes, Eileen! Thank you so much for finding Stormy her forever home with Glen and Ida!