Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goober Is Great!

Today has been a great day. After we had done our morning chores outside, my dear friend, Carla called me from Rocksprings to make sure Tony and I could meet her and her good friend Dan for lunch tomorrow, because after lunch they are going to follow us out here, so Dan can meet our dogs, because he is thinking about adopting a dog, but not sure.

After confirming our lunch date with Carla, we had a fun visit and then adios-ed each other. Then I got busy reupholstering the last two chairs and an ottoman in the "Pink Room" in the cabin. One hour into my beautify-my- cabin project, Tony walked inside the trailer to tell me that Peanut had just been adopted, so I dropped what I was sewing and filled out Peanut's adoption papers and then I went outside to meet the nice couple that was fixin' to adopt our cute, little Peanut.

When the nice woman finished filling out Peanut's adoption form I told her, as she happily held one happier Peanut in her arms, "Please feel free to change Peanut's name, because when we rescue our dogs we usually have no clue as to what their name was before and I promise you that he will easily adapt to a new name."

"We are going to change his name to Goober, because our son got bitten when he was young by a dog named Peanut."

"Goober is great!" I said, as Peanut stood on their truck's tailgate, wanting to get out of here as fast as he could, so he could go to his new forever home on a nearby ranch. After we thanked them for adopting Peanut and had shook hands with them, they climbed into their giant pickup with Peanut happily back in her arms. As they started to drive away, I half-hollered, "Goodbye, Goober!"


Before returning to my project, I called Kinky to tell him the great news about Peanut getting adopted and he was thrilled with the good news. Then Kinky thrilled me with some more good news. "Nance, please let everyone know that the tickets are selling fast, for the upcoming B.J. Thomas Bonefit and in the next few days we are going to offer an early "Meet and Greet," before the concert starts, to meet B.J. Thomas and Ruth Buzzi and me and you and Tony, if y'all can make it. The price of the "Meet and Greet with show ticket is going to be $100.00 and Sean told me that they are in the process of getting the meet and greet announcement up with all of the information."

"Kinky, that is fantastic news! That is so nice of Ruthie to come to our Bonefit to help us raise money. I can't wait to see her and Kent..."

I finally finished my project late this afternoon and here are a few pictures that I took of my newly reupholstered chairs and the ottoman, against the wall with all of the stuff piled onto it, not the dark blue one, which I plan to paint dark pink. I am so happy with the way the chair cushions turned out, too. Tomorrow, I plan to make and hang new curtains with my left over fabric and then, after I dust the cabin it will— "Pop!"




Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

No comments: