Friday, October 7, 2011

No Worries!

Yesterday afternoon after we ate lunch with Kinky and Max in town, Tony and I went to the Kerr pound and we left with three dogs. Gus, a beautiful, white Labrador, Emmylou Harris a pretty, young red pup and Peanut, a handsome small dog and then we dropped them off at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get their shots and to be neutered and spayed and then we came home.

This morning our fabulous volunteers Jim, June, Ellen, Eileen and Lisa came out and walked our dogs and I had a wonderful time with them, because they are so upbeat and always make me laugh too much, which I can never get enough of.

While they were walking our dogs for us, I came inside to check Carlton's messages and one of them was very important, so I called Joy, a woman that had been at the pound yesterday when we were there and she and her husband had seen Gus, the Labrador and they wanted to adopt him! When I came back outside to join our friends/volunteers I told them that Gus had just been adopted and they were as thrilled as me. "Do y'all know anyone that wants a Brussels Griffon, because we have one to pick up at the pound later this afternoon. We rescued him yesterday, but the waiting time for his owners to claim him isn't up until later this afternoon..." Then we talked about how happy we were that Eileen's friends had adopted Stormy.

When they invited us to join them for lunch, in Medina, we couldn't resist and needless to say, "I could barely eat my meal, because I was laughing so much. And during our meal Ellen and I whispered back and forth that we thought Eileen should be a standup comic, because she is a natural at it, but I didn't get a chance to tell Ellen that I thought they should all become standup comedians.

Late this afternoon, I called the Kerr pound to tell Charity that we were on our way to pick up the adorable Brussels Griffon, but she told me that his owner had showed up and bailed him out of doggie jail, so we jumped into Trigger and he took us to a motel in Kerrville, so we could properly welcome Karin Pohlmann to Texas and T. and I instantly fell in love with her when we met her, so we invited her to come out to the rescue ranch, so she could see it and visit with us, before going down the road to Carol's ranch, because Carol was anxious to meet her, too.

When we arrived at the rescue ranch Mama, Abbie, Toto and Belle instantly grew a liking to Karin, because they could tell that she loves dogs, so they took turns getting her to pet them. Then Karin surprised us with a beautiful, Made In Germany, Coo-Coo clock! I love clocks and collect them and I have never had a genuine, wind-up coo-coo clock, so thank you, Karin and Jurgen—I love it!

After giving Karin a tour of the trailer I asked her to ride with us, down to the front gate, so I could get Tony to shoot us, so I could post it on my blog, so her husband Jurgen and her friends in Germany would know that she was safe and here with us.

After Tony shot us by the sign, I suggested that she and T. take a little spin around the ranch in Kermit and that she drive Kermit. At first Karin was hesitant about driving Kermit, but she got the hang of it real quick, so I shot them.


Around 5:00 we went over to Carol's ranch, so we could officially welcome Karin to Texas and I had a blast, because we laughed so much. During Karin's first official "Texas Happy Hour" with us, we talked about taking her horseback riding and giving her a grand tour of Bandera, because she loves Texas and our lifestyle. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some rain! And Jurgen, Tony and I send you our best and we love your precious wife and we promise to take good care of her—no worries.

No comments: