Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our Rescue Ranch LOVES East Kerr 4-H Club!

Today has been a great day. This morning after T. & me did our morning chores outside the East Kerr 4-H Club, our favorite group of kids, came out and walked all of our dogs for us and we loved it, but our dogs loved it even more.

When everyone had arrived by 10:30, to walk our dogs, it started raining, but we were all so excited to see the precious rain falling from the sky, no one complained about it, as I gave them a tour around our rescue ranch and introduced them to our beautiful dogs and told them their individual stories. And when the tour was over we all put on raincoats and then it immediately quit raining and it did not rain again until all of the dogs had been walked and we posed for a group picture, down by our entrance gate, with O. Henry and Martha Stewart being our mascots.

While a couple of super-cool kids returned Martha and O. back to their pen, Tony and I thanked the East Kerr 4-H Club members and then we visited with the parents and I am sure that I must of said, at least ten times to them, "Our rescue ranch loves East Kerr 4-H Club! This group is our favorite bunch of kids and we hope that they will come back again. They are the most well mannered bunch of kids and they take their dog-walking job seriously and we cannot thank them enough..." Here are a few pictures that Tony took of us this morning.




After this super bunch of kids left our rescue ranch, around noon, Kermit took us up to the trailer, so I could call Karin and invite her to come out and eat lunch with us, but when I called her at the motel—she never answered her phone, which worried me for only ten minutes, because when I called Wolfmuellers Books to see how much rain Kerrville had gotten—Jon told me, "Not much, but your friend Karin, from Germany, is here right now. She just bought some books and she is paying for them, as we speak. She seems to be a really nice lady." 

"She is! Could I please speak to her? Because I want to invite her to come out for lunch."

Thirty minutes later Karin arrived in her cute, red rental car and when I went out to greet her—she brought rain with her, because it started raining as soon as I shot her.


During lunch we laughed about many things, especially my North Texan mispronunciations of her and her husband Jurgen's names. I was calling her "Care-Inn," but she pronounces it like, "Car-Inn" and I was saying Jurgen like Jergen's hand lotion, but it is supposed to sound like, "Air-Gun." 

Before "Car-Inn" and I went over to Kinky's Lodge, I cleaned up our lunch dishes, then I plugged my guitar into my Genz Benz amp and finger-picked along with Jim Keaveny's beautiful song, "North Padre Island Lullaby" and not to brag, "I sounded pretty good today."

We had a good time visiting with Kinky and Phil Rush, who is a very cool, young man, that I jammed with a few weeks ago, on the guitar and he is also one of The Friedman's official dog-sitters. Phil took this picture of us standing outside the Lodge with Chumley, Sophie and Winston Churchill.


When we returned to the rescue ranch, Karin was amazed to see a white-tail deer eating near the pump house, so I shot her shooting, with her expensive camera, this young buck.


As of 5:30 this evening, Karin became an official "Texas Cowgirl," because she is now the proud owner of a new pair of pretty, Justin Gypsy cowgirl boots, because next week Carol and I are going to take her horseback riding with our friend Jeannie, in Bandera and her cowgirl boots look great on her. Congrats, Karin! And that is about it for tonight, except Tony and I hope that Nelda Dunn had a fantastic birthday today with Jimmie.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

1 comment:

Phil Brush said...

pretty excited about making the blog Nancy. Keep up the good work and we'll jam sometime soon