Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Here's Clovis!

The last few days have been great. Late Sunday morning our dear friend Chet O'Keefe and his cool dog, Willie, arrived from Terlingua. It has been over six months since we last saw Chet and Willie and we were looking so forward to having a fun visit with him. Also, late Sunday evening Kinky returned to the ranch after his three-week tour, in Australia.

Tony and I have really enjoyed that both of them are back, at the ranch and that is my excuse for not blogging these past few days. Also, Monday morning our dear friend, Gerry Olert, came out to see all of us. Over the past many years, Gerry, is the videographer who makes all of our videos for us and he's the one I chose to do some the video and editing for our Longmire—Texas Style spoof.

Today has been great too, because early this morning we rescued a super-cool hound mix, because  his owner since this sweet dog was a pup, due to uncontrollable circumstances had to give him up.

Anyway, this dog's name is Clovis and he is approximately 3 years old. I love this dog and Tony and I would adopt him ourselves, but we already have six dogs and our trailer isn't big enough to house one more dog.

After Clovis' former best friend had left, the rescue ranch, Tony and I spent about an hour with Clovis, so he could get to know us. And about two hours later, I grabbed some "people food sausages" from our refrigerator and my camera and then I went back outside to spend more time with Clovis

As soon as I stepped inside Clovis' pen, I let him see the sausages and then I asked him to "Sit." Clovis immediately sat with his tail wagging big-time. I tore all a pice of sausage and tossed it to him and he caught it in the air! Then I continued to make him sit, on command and tossed him about 20 pieces of sausage and he never missed catching all of them. So to say the least, Clovis is a super-dog.
Clovis knows several commands, he calm and his former owner told me that he is great with all dogs, kids, cats, people, etc.

And since Chet and Willie are leaving tomorrow to get back, to Terlingua, to play a gig, at the La Kiva, Thursday night. This is a short post, so we can spend the rest of this evening visiting with Chet. But before I go, here are four pictures of this incredibly great dog that I took earlier today.

HERE'S CLOVIS!





Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: