Sunday, October 30, 2016

For The Ladies Only!

Today has been great, even though nothing real exciting has happened and that's exactly why it has been so great. Tonight's post is going to be a short one and it is about unwanted hair.

Several months ago, one of my dear friends gave me a fabulous book that she had read. And since then every night before I go to bed I read a chapter or two or three if necessary, because I'm still not sleepy. And I want to say that I have had so much fun reading this book The Most of Nora Ephron. 


Sadly, Nora Ephron, who I've always been a great fan of passed away in 2012 and the Estate of Nora Ephron published this book in 2013. 

I haven't read this book straight through, because I've intentionally enjoyed mixing it up by reading different stories in different chapters. Anyway, it is a very entertaining book and it is filled with Nora Ephron's wisdom, humor,  insights on her personal life, etc. And I highly suggest that you read it.

Anyway, last night I decided to read her "Personal" section, "On Maintenance" and the story about "Unwanted Hair" made me laugh out loud several times, because it is so true, although a lot of women won't admit it. "  It begins on page 516.



So today, after reading a few more of her hilarious stories, I secretly decided to do some research on threading away unwanted hair, (because it hit a little too close to home if you know what I mean) that worked wonders on temporarily, removing her mustache, that appeared after she went through menopause.

And I found this educational tutorial on YouTube about how to thread facial hair on women, to remove their mustaches or eyebrows or beards. So this is for the ladies only to watch.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't bare!!!

If we are fortunate enough to age, best to age well. :-)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! I totally agree. You should read Nora Ephron's book, because her life was so interesting and the way she tells it all is the absolute best.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather read your blog & books & know all is well with the critters & characters of Utopia.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Thank you for your sweet comment. I've got to go thread my mustache! Wish me luck.